We’re looking forward to welcoming you at Social Enterprise Futures 2020, delivered by Social Enterprise UK, in partnership with Social Enterprise Scotland, Social Enterprise NI and the Wales Co-operative Centre.
This guide has been created to give you information about the digital platform we will be using so that you can make the most of the event.
We have selected the digital platform and virtual conference room product, Remo, to host Futures 2020. The organisation, Digi Leaders, are leading the technical delivery of the event. To learn more about Remo and its functionalities we encourage you to view their brief demonstration.
Technical checklist before attending Social Enterprise Futures
Attendees will be sent a joining link allowing them to log-in to the platform and create their profile on Wednesday morning.
Follow this checklist and get your computer ready!
- To get the full networking experience use a computer with a camera and microphone. It’s not required but will let you have an amazing experience!
- Before you begin, please test your system’s compatibility with Remo here. This will allow you to diagnose if there is a problem and where it is!
As we use the latest video technology, make sure your browser and OS is updated to the latest version. Please check that you are using a compatible browser and OS, Remo currently only supports Chrome, Safari, or Firefox browser on your desktop/laptop computer.
Most common issues logging in:
- If you’re logging in from a work laptops you may have a firewall restriction creating problems, or if you are using a VPN then try logging in through a personal device or iPad
- Google Chrome is the best browser to use to access Remo, if you are using a different browser and experiencing issues, please try again using Google chrome.
You can check your compatibility here: http://geartest.remo.co/
if you can’t log in after checking above or are having problems with your registration link/have not been sent one please contact email@example.com
- Don’t join through a VPN – there can sometimes be blocks from your IT systems
- Locate yourself in a quiet place with a non-distracting background.
- You will be sent the access link on Wednesday morning, you will then need to register with your name, email and password.
- Mobile and tablet view can be accessed but are in beta
Most importantly have fun and a great event!
Networking Facilities and Event Sponsor Lounges
One of the key selling points of the Remo platform is its networking capabilities.
Remo’s demonstration video (linked above) demonstrates how delegates participate and engage with fellow attendees on the day, including sitting at virtual tables. These tables will be open during the networking breaks. There will be multiple tables, on up to 8 virtual floors, that attendees can move between, simply by double-clicking on a table that has empty seats.
If you would like to meet another attendee for a private conversation you can message them and arrange to meet them on the higher floors where the tables are quieter.
On every floor, there are four side tables dedicated to the sponsors. These are the event sponsor lounges, you can see a full list of sponsors at the bottom of this email, feel free to go and say hello!
- Ensure you arrive at the event early to make the most of the networking time – this is where you will make the most connections. You will also need some time to create an account, complete your profile and troubleshoot any technical issues.
- Edit your profile by using the circle in the top right corner of your screen to include your photo, website, LinkedIn and Calendly – other attendees will be able to connect with you quicker using this. You can also add your company name in brackets after your name.
- Feel free to share your screen at your table – you can share slides to attendees to better get your point across. Click “share screen” and follow the prompts.
- Explore the room! You can jump from table to table simply by double clicking on an empty seat at another table.
- When joining a table use the ‘Table Chat’ function to share links with those on your table.
Questions to the speakers during main sessions
If you would like to put a question to one of the speakers, you can do so using the Q&A function. You can also, as an audience, vote the questions that you would like to see moved up to the top so that the Chair for that session puts the most popular questions from the audience to the panel/speaker.
There is a general chat function that is live during the main sessions, feel free to post your comments about the content, pass on congratulations to those speaking or ask questions to the sector! The Social Enterprise UK team will also be monitoring the chat if you have any questions for us
At Futures we’re using a special online platform called Remo which will really help build connections between participants and make the event as interactive and engaging as possible. Guests will be ‘seated’ at tables and you can move around the virtual events space to talk to your fellow attendees.