An update on how the data provided to us through the Social Enterprise Panel is driving change.
- SEAP data continues to help us successfully lobby government about specific needs and contributions of social enterprise. For example, you said that access to emergency grants and loans was inadequate – we used this data to help ensure that social enterprises could access the new Recovery Loan Scheme.
- Using SEAP data, we are identifying and validating ways in which fiscal system reform could benefit social enterprises – to the wider benefit of the economy and society.
- SEAP data backs up key messages about the sector: social enterprise has been resilient through the crisis, it has prioritised staff retention and is creating jobs for those most in need. Social enterprises have also made efficient use of state emergency funds.
- You told us that you need more support with marketing, social media and maximising your existing tech. In response, we’re running webinars on these topics and discussing with our corporate partners how we can improve discounted and sector-specific options.
- Some of you said you have expertise on anti-racism and the climate emergency – many of you want more information on these issues for your business. We are compiling a range of content and support for peer-to-peer learning, which you have also said is important to you.