The Social Enterprise Barometer provides a quarterly update on social enterprise performance. It uses data collected from SEUK’s Social Enterprise Advisory Panel to give up-to-date information about the financial health and growth of social enterprises.
- 61% of social enterprises made a profit or broke even last quarter.
- Staff numbers increased slightly or significantly for 36% of social enterprises in the previous quarter.
- Reserves (cash in the bank) decreased for 39% of social enterprises last quarter.
- As of September 2021, 69% of social enterprises have funds to operate for at least three months.
- 73% of social enterprises expect their staff numbers and turnover to stay the same or grow in the next three to six months; 4% expect to decrease turnover and/or staff, or to close