Location: London, Greater London
Close Date: 16 May 2021
Salary: Voluntary Position
Website link for full job description: https://yearhere.org/hiring2021/
Point of contact for applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief job description:
We’re looking for talented, mission-driven people to provide expertise, scrutiny and direction to Year Here’s executive team. We are appointing a co-chair to work with Sneh Jani-Patel and at least one other Non-Executive Director to join the board of Year Here Limited.
Bringing an objective eye and fresh perspective, our Non-Exec Directors will support and challenge the executive team to make great decisions and protect the long-term interests of the company.
Non-Executive Directors will be invited to make a voluntary commitment of around 4 days per year (equivalent to 3 hours per month).
You will join a board consisting of:
- Sneh Jani-Patel – Project Director, FutureGov (Co-Chair)
- Zoë Stanton – CEO of Year Here
- Adam Swersky – Director, Social Finance
- Strategy development: Advise and guide the executive team towards a strategy that enables commercial success, organisational growth and social impact.
- Advocating and connecting: Act as an advocate for Year Here, helping us connect with useful people and organisations to bolster our faculty, drive our sales and support our fundraising efforts.
- Financial planning: Scrutinise the executive team’s financial reports and forecasts, offering counsel and direction on key financial decisions.
- Risk management: Ensure that financial controls are in place, financial reporting is accurate, legal and fiduciary duties are fulfilled, and operational risks are appropriately managed.
Who we’re looking for:
All those expressing interest in joining the board should have:
- Experience of strategy development at a senior level;
- Ability to interpret financial data and make sound financial decisions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to balance coaching approaches with constructive challenge as appropriate;
- An ambitious, entrepreneurial mindset with a reasonable risk appetite;
- Passion for social impact and a commitment to dismantling unjust systems that propagate systemic racism, classism, ableism and other oppressions; and
- An understanding and appreciation of Year Here’s mission and values.
In addition, you should have at least one of the following skills, experience or attributes:
- Significant experience of non-profit or for-profit boards and/or expertise in company governance;
- Commercial strategy skills and significant private sector experience;
- Experience with startups, investment or venture incubation; and
- Experience of frontline service delivery and/or lived experience of the social issues that Year Here works on.