Location: London, Greater London
Close Date: 16 May 2021
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
Website link for full job description: https://yearhere.org/hiring2021/
Point of contact for applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief job description:
For eight years, we’ve been the birthplace of some of the UK’s most promising social startups. We want to enhance and expand our venture support to make Year Here the UK’s best social startup platform. As our Head of Ventures, it will be your job to bring this ambition to life.
In this new role, you will spearhead the strategy, business development, partnership management and programme delivery of our venture acceleration work. Building on the success of our incubator programme, you will develop and execute plans to grow this support into a fully-fledged Accelerator – sourcing investment from angel investors, securing high quality business support and market access partnerships.
The Head of Ventures will be line managed by the Fellowship Director and will report to the CEO on the development of the Accelerator. This is a London-based role. We are open to full-time or 4 days per week.
– Build the best possible social startup platform in the country.
– Offer our entrepreneurs shrewd, timely advice and support as they develop their social startup ideas.
– Find and select the UK’s most promising social startups.
– Lead and develop the Accelerator programme.
– Run our venture community.
Who we’re looking for:
– You’re a startup aficionado.
– You have strong commercial acumen.
– You’re organised, analytical and a trusted partner to many.
– You believe in the power of business for social change.
– You’re committed to social justice, diversity and inclusion.
– You’re not afraid of working hard in pursuit of a big vision.