Close Date: Midnight on Sunday 9th August
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Website link for full job description: https://www.yearhere.org/hiring2020
Point of contact for applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief job description:
Year Here is a platform for entrepreneurs who want to tackle problems that matter, consisting of a one-year Fellowship and an Accelerator programme offering investment and business support.
We’re looking for a Head of Communications to be the external voice of Year Here helping us attract talented, emerging social entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds.
About the role
You’ll be using your marketing nous to find, nurture and propel the most promising professionals towards entrepreneurship that genuinely makes a difference.
Your goal will be to market Year Here to the most exciting new leaders in the country, recruiting 50 brilliant Fellows per year who are smart, bold, compassionate and driven to make society better in practical, creative and entrepreneurial ways. You’ll make sure that they go on to fulfil their potential for national social impact.
Engaging your own team of specialist freelancers, you’ll work across multiple platforms and mediums to explain who we are, highlight the problems we aim to tackle, celebrate our Fellows’ successes and get stuck in to the big debates of the day.
This is an opportunity to become the custodian of a brand with big ambitions to make society fairer for everyone.
The role is dynamic and very varied. It’s bound to stretch you in new directions. This is a full time role – although we are open to part time and/or job shares.
Your responsibilities will be to:
– Generate hundreds of applications through your inventive digital marketing efforts.
– Build our social media audience through thoughtful, original content.
– Work with advertisers, partners and press to get the word out.
– Design and produce recruitment events that surprise and delight.
– Approach the most exciting prospects directly.
– Build our brand.
– Keep meticulous records and lead on analytics.
– Manage a £20,000 budget to help you achieve your goals.
Who we’re looking for
– You’re a brilliant writer.
– You care a lot about great branding and design.
– You’re charming as hell.
– You’re analytical and data-driven in your approach.
– You’re passionate about social issues.
– You’re committed to diversity, inclusion and social justice.
– You’re not afraid of working hard in pursuit of a big vision.
We are committed to not discriminating on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We are trying to build a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from women and minorities.
Who we are
Since launching at 10 Downing Street in 2013, we’ve worked with over 200 aspiring social entrepreneurs and launched 33 award-winning social ventures like Cracked It, Birdsong and Chatterbox.
Our Fellowship is an immersive, action-oriented postgrad course. Each year, we recruit two cohorts of around 20 Fellows, professionals from diverse and multidisciplinary backgrounds. They learn at the frontline of inequality – in care homes, homeless hostels and schools across London. Then, supported by a rigorous social innovation curriculum and industry mentoring, they found some of the most promising social startups in the UK. Our new Accelerator supports those emerging ventures with investment, specialist business support, access to clients, and office space.