Salary: £40,000 – £50,000
Website link for full job description: https://www.yearhere.org/hiring2020
Point of contact for applicants: email@example.com
About the role
As our Fellowship Director, you will be leading a programme that nurtures the UK’s most promising professionals towards entrepreneurship that genuinely makes a difference.
This is a new role. As we expand our offerings, we’ve identified the need for a dedicated leader of our year-long Fellowship, the centrepiece of Year Here’s work,
This job demands both strategic nous and adept management capabilities. You will set strategy for the Fellowship and design our social innovation curriculum. Operationally, you’ll manage partnerships and faculty relationships, sell our consulting offerings, lead our selection process and ensure first rate programme management.
It’ll be really varied. In any given day you might be signing up new partners for a consulting project, redesigning the leadership development strand of our curriculum and working 1:1 with a Fellow on their venture idea.
Along with our CEO and Director of Ventures, you’ll be part of Year Here’s senior management team.
Your responsibilities will be to:
– Design and lead the UK’s most transformative programme for aspiring social entrepreneurs.
– Lead a small team to manage the behind-the-scenes systems that make the programme run smoothly.
– Curate and nurture a diverse network of partners and faculty of social innovation experts.
– Sell our innovative services to social sector organisations in housing, health, education and more.
– Identify the most exciting, diverse new social entrepreneurship talent in the country.
– Get stuck in to facilitation and coaching with our Fellows.
Who we’re looking for
– You know your stuff in the world of social impact and innovation.
– You’re an educator with the ability to design learning experiences, facilitate groups and coach individuals.
– You’re a confident and competent team leader, project manager and partnership-builder.
– You’re committed to diversity, inclusion and social justice.
– You’re a sensitive and thoughtful relationship-builder.
– You’re not afraid of working hard in pursuit of a big vision.
We are committed to not discriminating on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, mental health, religion or age. We are trying to build a diverse team and strongly encourage applications from women and minorities.
Who we are
Since launching at 10 Downing Street in 2013, we’ve worked with over 200 aspiring social entrepreneurs and launched 33 award-winning social ventures like Cracked It, Birdsong and Chatterbox.
Our Fellowship is an immersive, action-oriented postgrad course. Each year, we recruit two cohorts of around 20 Fellows, professionals from diverse and multidisciplinary backgrounds. They learn at the frontline of inequality – in care homes, homeless hostels and schools across London. Then, supported by a rigorous social innovation curriculum and industry mentoring, they found some of the most promising social startups in the UK. Our new Accelerator supports those emerging ventures with investment, specialist business support, access to clients, and office space.