Close Date: 05.07.2020
Website link for full job description: https://can-online.org.uk
Point of contact for applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief job description:
To be the Trustee with lead oversight of property for CAN. The principal task of the Board of Trustees overall is to ensure that CAN operates efficiently and effectively to fulfil its charitable objectives
What difference will you make for us?
Key tasks –
• Oversight of the Foundations’ property portfolio
• Lead the development of the Foundations’ property assets in pursuit of its charitable objects, including overseeing the development of our Southwark property
• Chair the Property Subcommittee
• Ensure CAN continues to pursue its purpose of supporting social organisations to maximise their impact through the offer of premises, skills and finance
• Ensure that CAN effectively applies its resources (financial and otherwise) to delivering its mission
• Develop and live the vision and values of CAN
• Ensure that CAN meets all its legal requirements
• Contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in shaping strategic direction of the organisation, framing and reviewing policies
• Act as an ambassador of the Foundation in the service of its purpose, vision and values
CAN is a registered charity trading as a social enterprise and is committed to helping other charities and social ventures thrive, grow and maximize their impact. We strive to achieve that by offering business support, capital and flexible, affordable office space and a lot more besides.
CAN’s vision is for a strong and impactful social economy that creates a better society.
To deliver our vision for the public, our mission is to support social organisations to maximise their impact, sustainability and where appropriate, growth. We deliver on this mission by addressing the three key barriers Premises, Skill and Finance.