- Reports To: Project Manager and Coach (Southwark Lead)
- Salary: London living wage £10.85 per hour
- Seniority Level: Mid-level
- Location: Southwark
- Term: Part-time, 3 days a week, 6 month contract
- Start Date: W/C 10th May 2021
WHO WE ARE:
Business Launchpad (BLP) is a charity which transforms young lives through enterprise. We support young people aged 16-30 living, working or studying in London to become successful entrepreneurs by providing enterprise programmes, 1:1 coaching, mentoring and in some cases awarding grants for young people to test-trade their ideas.
BLP are looking for a young person aged 16-25 who lives, works or studies in the borough of Southwark to support the Southwark lead in the recruitment, co-ordination and delivery of our Southwark-based funded cohort programmes designed to help take young people from business idea to test-trading. The programmes we deliver run for approximately 8 weeks (per cohort – twice a year) and is delivered in collaboration with other youth organisations and partners (2 days a week).
You will also work on the South-London wide Elevate programme which supports young people aged 16-21 who are not in education, employment or training (NEET), or are at risk of becoming NEET and getting involved in crime in the boroughs of Lambeth, Southwark and Wandsworth. This programme, delivered by Business Launchpad (BLP), Policy Centre for African Peoples (PCAP) and Generation Success, offers a holistic support package of business support, advice and opportunities for careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), and an introduction to healthy lifestyles through innovative fitness, motivational and personal development programmes (1 day a week).
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the main driver of the recruitment of young people for our online and in-person programmes
- Actively engage with young people and organisations who work with young people including those who are NEET or at risk of being NEET
- Offer peer to peer support to the young people on our programmes
- Assist in the design and delivery of engaging programmes and events for young people (online and in-person)
- Effective use of various social media channels to communicate with and reach young people
- Attending workshops in the evening when the Project Manager and Coach is unable to. (1-2 evenings per week).
- Drafting and scheduling email reminders to go out to the cohort before and after every session
- Scheduling text reminders to go out to young people on programmes
- Logging attendance at every workshop
- Ensuring that zoom polls are created and launched in each session and feedback forms are completed at the end of every session
- To send out notes and summaries after every session
- To support with monitoring and tracking the progress of individual clients for the duration of the programme but after too
- Uploading the content from workshops onto the google drive after sessions
- Responding to emails coming from clients in relation to the programme
- Check-ins with clients after every single workshop
- Other support to aid to the successful delivery of the programme.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Strong interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Experience of facilitation and group or youth work & youth engagement
- Ability to carry out administrative tasks and coordinate projects
- Ability to support other members of staff with the delivery of work (Essential)
- Proven ability to build positive partnerships with key professional agencies or other youth work providers and voluntary agencies
- Local knowledge of Southwark (Essential)
We are looking for an individual to bring their ideas, passion, entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn to this role. The Youth Champion will receive ongoing training and support from the Business Launchpad team to help them with their growth and the delivery of the projects.
This is a flexible position and would be great for someone looking for part-time work (3 days a week). Please note that this role is a remote-working role and depending on government guidelines may also involve in-person work as we begin to transition out of lockdown. If you apply for this role, you will be based in Southwark with occasional events/or travel to Lambeth and Wandsworth.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and therefore the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter stating why you are interested in this role.
We are an equal opportunities Employer, however due to the way this role is funded it does need to go to a young person from Southwark to ensure specified outcomes of this project are reached.
You can find out more by visiting our website (www.buisnesslaunchpad.org.uk) and by scanning through our social media channels:
- Twitter – @BusinessLP
- Facebook – @businesslaunchpad
- Instagram – @businesslaunchpad
- LinkedIn – businesslaunchpad
Please follow this link to help with CV/cover letter writing and the application process.