Close Date: 22/01/2019
Salary: £30,000 – £38,000 per annum, based on experience
*Maternity cover – initial fixed term for 6 months. We are a fast growing company and there is good potential for longer term employment after the end of the fixed term.
Point of contact for applicants: Viola Sommer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Autistic adults often have extraordinary technical or cognitive abilities, yet many find it difficult to secure or maintain mainstream employment. The ongoing STEM skills shortage poses a real challenge to UK businesses.
auticon recognises this potential and is the first enterprise to exclusively employ autistic adults as consultants. By creating autism-positive work environments and offering highly individualised, sustained support mechanisms to autistic employees, auticon provides its corporate clients with a means to tap into the amazing talents of autistic people while creating well paid long term careers for its team.
We are offering
- Maternity cover – initial fixed term for 6 months. We are a fast growing company and there is good potential for longer term employment after the end of the fixed term
- We offer private medical insurance, season ticket loans, flexible work conditions and a considerate and diverse work environment
You will be solely responsible for leading, developing and implementing our talent acquisition strategy across the UK.
Leading our recruitment strategy
- Building and maintaining a close network with relevant partners (universities, NHS diagnosing bodies, charities, etc.)
- Representing auticon at fairs and events
- Leading on auticon’s positioning as an attractive employer for autistic tech talents
- Use of recruitment analytics and reporting to increase the effectiveness of our approach
- Liaising with other auticon offices across the globe on recruitment best practice
Managing and developing the recruitment journey for our autistic candidates
- Managing applications end-to-end, from initial inquiries to employment start
- Design, delivery, evaluation and improvement of regular skills assessments and workshops in close collaboration with our job coaches and management team
- Managing recruitment campaigns across multiple platforms
- Continuous improvement of our internal recruitment practices to ensure that they are inclusive, efficient and cost effective
Key skills and characteristics
Are you passionate about working for a company with a social purpose? Are you resilient and highly motivated to contribute to the growth of an ambitious company?
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics to join our incredible team in London:
- You have 2+ years of professional experience
- Background in psychology, HR, recruitment or similar
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of best practice in recruitment and selection
- You have a positive, sociable and empathetic personality
- You can work independently in a dynamic, agile and sometimes unstructured environment
- You are able to multi task and to prioritise your own workload
- You are a clear, friendly communicator both verbally and in writing
- You are confident to work with people with different communication styles
- You are proactive, hands-on and look for chances to make things work more efficiently
- You take pride in your ability to keep things running smoothly and make people feel welcome
- Knowledge of the UK tech scene would be a plus
- Experience of working with autistic people would be a plus
- You are willing to travel regularly to other auticon locations
- You have the right to work in the UK
- You are available to start by the end of March 2020
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the criteria above, why you want to work for auticon, and gives details of your availability.
We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. You will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of your gender, marital status, race, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Applications without cover letter will not be considered.