Following a series of rapid growth years, Impact Hub King’s Cross is expanding its Programmes team, and is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Programmes Assistant to join our core team. This is a great opportunity for someone with the ability to assist on programme management and delivery and who wishes to develop her/his skills as a business advisor within the social enterprise sector.
The Programmes Assistant will be responsible for assisting on our programmes for sustainable and socially
conscious food start ups: Feeding the City Start Up and Feeding the City Accelerate , including project co-ordination, delivery and reporting/evaluation activities. We are currently developing a range of new programmes for entrepreneurs with a social impact and this role, therefore is likely to be extended in the future.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Programmes Advisor, and energetically support the Programmes team to add value to the business support experience of social enterprises that we engage with.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, which is likely to require some evening and weekend work (time off in lieu will be offered). We are open to flexible working arrangements, including working from home part
of the time, or job share arrangements for the right candidates. This is a 6 month contract with a view to be extended in the future (subject to funding).
Starting Salary: £21,000 plus pension and company profit-share scheme.
Application Deadline: Midnight on December 4th, 2019
Interview Date: December 11th, 2019
Impact Hub King’s Cross
Our purpose is to catalyse entrepreneurial action for a better world . We do this by supporting and promoting social entrepreneurship, through a collaborative community of like-minded members in a shared workspace, supported by community events and a range of business support and programmes from early-stage incubation to scaling, delivered by us or in conjunction with partner organisations.
Impact Hub King’s Cross is part of a global network of over 100 + Impact Hubs whose shared mission is to inspire and support social innovators to realise imaginative initiatives for a better world. We collaborate with
other Impact Hubs in our network to do this, and together offer platforms for social innovators to access space, connections, knowledge, inspiration and investment.
For more information see: http://kingscross.impacthub.net | http://impacthub.net
The Programmes Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the delivery of programmes for sustainable, socially conscious food entrepreneurs, including:
- maintaining relationships with a portfolio of programme participants and keeping track of programme activity with them,
- event/workshop organisation,
- recruitment of programme participants,
- publicity of programmes,
- stakeholder management,
- capturing impactful stories,
- identifying strategic partnerships and opportunities within the sustainable food sector,
- Contributing to the Development and Programmes Teams to ensure high standards of delivery in our business support offerings;
- Contributing to planning and partnership building activity to develop new programmes, workshops, events and other services at Impact Hub King’s Cross, particularly those around starting up or growing social enterprises;
- Member capacity building: working with the Community Team to engage the Impact Hub King’s Cross community, assess members’ needs and offer opportunities to help them develop their business and social impact;
- Contributing to the achievement of financial targets by promotion and delivery of business services and contracts and fostering membership sales;
- Other reasonable activities to support the quality delivery of services by Impact Hub King’s Cross.
- Experience in working successfully in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in project management
- Excellent communication skills both in person and online, in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the social economy and values driven businesses
- Interest in and passion for tackling the problems we are facing in our food system
- A positive, friendly attitude when engaging with the public
- Experience in having run your own small business
- Events and workshop programming and events management experience
- Interest in communications and sharing impactful stories
- Contacts within sustainable food and/or social enterprise sector organisations and awareness of opportunities for social enterprises in London
- Are a confident self-starter
- Thrive in a small team with an entrepreneurial feel
- Have values driven approach to your work
- Are a confident multi-tasker
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Are persistent and patient
- Are motivated by delivering high quality outputs, often to tight deadlines
- Can operate in an environment characterised by change
- Are keen to build and develop the role as suits the needs of the business