Job Title: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR / MANAGER
Location: HIGHAMS PARK, LONDON
Reports to: HEAD OF MANUFACTURING
Position Type: FULL TIME
Working Pattern MONDAY – FRIDAY 40 HRS PER WEEK
We are a not-for-profit organisation that provides training and work opportunities for people who are visually impaired, have disabilities or are otherwise disadvantaged. This is achieved through the manufacturing of a range of toiletries and cleaning products and a supportive workplace which develops the skills, confidence and independence of our workforce. Socially, our charity is a leading example of ‘social enterprise’ and ‘business for good’ in action with all revenue staying within the organisation to create more jobs and strengthen our impact in the future.
We are looking for a highly capable production supervisor / manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of our London based semi-automated manufacturing site.
In this role, you will lead and motivate a production team of roughly 60 people – 80% of our staff have a disability or long-term health condition. You will report directly to the Head of Manufacturing and have responsibility for all production & engineering activities on site.
You will be a seasoned Production Supervisor with experience of managing a manufacturing / production environment ideally within the soap and toiletries market. You will have a solid understanding of Lean manufacturing & Continuous Improvement methodologies, from waste reduction to change over and cycle time reductions. You will have good business acumen while being capable of taking a holistic approach to problem solving, with an aim to add value to the business in all that you do. You must be motivated by working in a business with a strong social purpose and completely driven to achieve excellent results and make a big difference.
Role Responsibilities and Duties
- Overseeing the onsite day-to-day operations:
- Supervision /management of all production-based staff including Manufacturing, Filling, Maintenance, Pick & Pack and Warehouse teams
- Staff engagement, training and upskilling.
- Planning and implementation of production schedules to meet customer requirements.
- Forward planning of labour and machine capacities to meet customer demand volumes.
- Schedule planned maintenance in conjunction with the lead engineer.
- Ensuring Best practice health and safety and quality controls: including ISO 9001 and other best practice accreditations.
- Liaise with technical team to ensure the smooth introduction and production process of new products
- Working with other departments do deliver the business requirements on time and on budget
Qualifications and Skills Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years practical supervisory experience.
- Ability to assess differing skill set within a workforce to maximise activities for all employees through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Experience within the soap and toiletries sector (or similar an advantage).
- Lean Manufacturing experience.
- An engineering / Mechanical maintenance qualification or strong background within this area (essential)
- Experience of low to medium production output using semi-automated fill lines.
- Experience of workshop activities including general machining.
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organisation.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- IT skills: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint at an intermediate level
- Knowledge and Experience of using ERP and/or CRM software is desirable.
- A Passion for social change and diversity
- A pro-active doer that takes responsibility for moving things forward with a sense of urgency
- Strong Team Player
- Hands on style with an ability to pass on knowledge and empower others.
How to apply:
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com