Bikeworks is looking for an experienced Operations Manager to lead our operations team, developing our commercial services. The Operations Manager will work alongside the Finance Manager, Head of Business Development and report directly to the CEO.
Bikeworks is an East London based social enterprise that uses cycling as a tool to tackle social and environmental challenges in the community. We were established to capitalise on the rapid growth of cycling following the announcement of the London Olympics and the potential this offered for social and environmental change, and we have grown from there.
Over the course of our 13 years delivering various bicycle related programmes we have learned a lot, but more importantly helped a lot of people. We run a range of programmes, including: inclusive cycling, employment and training, team building, public bike maintenance, cycle training and bike recycling. As a social enterprise we reinvest any profit made from our commercial functions back into our community programmes.
This is an exciting time for Bikeworks as our operations base moved into the Olympic park and Lee Valley Velodrome in summer 2018. We are expanding our commercial offerings, as well as seeking opportunities to expand our socially impactful inclusive cycling and employment and training programmes. We are about to move on our new business strategy and this key operational role will be integral to the success of Bikeworks in the coming years.
The operations team handles the key business focused side of our social enterprise, dealing with customer enquiries, events booking, staff allocation, reporting and end of month processes. With the move to our new office, we are scaling up our offers to corporate and consumer clients and as such the team has a focus on sales, networking and providing a professional service.
The specific programmes that the operations team manage and deliver are: Dr. Bike services, cycle training, team building, maintenance courses and instructor training courses. On any given day we may be delivering multiple sessions across London and beyond. These sessions are delivered by Bikeworks’ pool of freelance instructors and mechanics and the operations team must maintain a good relationship with them, and be able to balance staff allocations, optimize booking schedules and manage overlapping workstreams.
Scope of the Role
The role has responsibility for overseeing the booking, delivery and reporting of some key areas of Bikeworks’ external delivery. These include:
- School cycle training; delivering Bikeability inline with local authority contracts
- Dr. Bikes; mobile bike maintenance at workplaces and within the community
- Team building; corporate events with a charitable outcome
- Bespoke bookings; often including components of multiple programmes, as requested by customers
- Payroll; preparing reports for internal and external staff and ensuring hours rectify
- Invoicing; raising and sending invoices for work delivered
Salary and conditions:
- £30,000 – £35,000 Depending on skills and experience
- Full time Monday to Friday 09.00-5.30pm with occasional out of hours and weekend work possible
- 25 days holiday
- Pension contribution
- Participation in the Cycle to Work scheme
- Initial one year contract with expectation of becoming permanent
To apply for this job send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
In the covering letter please respond to each point in the personal specification, outlining why your skills and experience make you the right person for this role. Please also answer the following questions:
- How do you work through a problem ?
- What is your proudest achievement to date?
- What do you think the value of cycling is in London today?
Apply by 30th January @ 6pm
Interviews to be held on February 3rd & 4th
Start date ASAP