- Salary: £35,373.60 – 42,916.50 plus generous benefits package
- Location: MHFA England Offices – London, and home working
- Contract: Full time, permanent
- Sector: Mental Health
- To apply: go to https://mhfaengland.org/mhfa-centre/careers/
- Deadline: Sunday 25 April 2021
About MHFA England
MHFA England is a social enterprise and the leading provider of mental health skills and awareness training courses in England. Our vision is to improve the health of the nation, through normalising society’s attitudes and behaviours around mental health, by developing the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing. Learn about our social mission and our history by reading our ‘what we do section’ on our website.
We are a friendly, dynamic, fast-paced organisation and we strive to be an exemplary health and wellbeing employer. We are launching an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme to seamlessly connect and engage Customers, Clients, Members and Staff and support our mission to train 1:10 of the population in mental health knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual who can lead, develop and deliver multi-channel communications activity to amplify MHFA England’s position as an expert in workplace mental health. The role holder will manage campaigns and activity from end to end to maximise their reach with key stakeholders. There is a focus on media engagement and placement to help amplify our communications activity and campaigns. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing campaigns, and evaluating and reporting on impact, in line with MHFA England’s vision, mission and commercial and brand strategy.
You will be able to:
- Develop an annual schedule for campaign and communications activity to amplify MHFA England’s work to improve the mental health of the nation
- Work closely with Head of Campaigns and Communications to inform and shape strategic planning
- Manage, develop and deliver integrated campaigns to uphold MHFA England’s position as an expert in mental health and wellbeing and the go to provider of mental health training in the workplace
- Ensure marcomms and campaign activity plans are managed within agreed budgets
- Manage the development and delivery of annual media plan to grow MHFA England’s brand position and support commercial revenue targets
- Track, analyse and report on campaign activity to inform future decision making and ensure maximum ROI
- Identify appropriate channels for each campaign, communication or event
- Write engaging and on message communication pieces for different audiences
- Represent and speak on behalf of MHFA England at internal and external meetings or events
- Contribute to the planning, content development, scheduling and management of MHFA England’s social media channels
- Connect and collaborate with the marketing and communications team, as well as cross organisational teams and key internal stakeholders to ensure delivery of organisation’s strategic goals, mission and vision
- Manage and maintain key relationships with media, partners, business, government and civil society to deliver impactful engagement and communications
- Manage the MHFA England press office, taking responsibility for media list development, outreach, monitoring and reporting
- Build and manage strong and commercially sustainable relationships with suppliers and agencies to support effective delivery of communications and campaign objectives in line with agreed KPIs
You will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working in communications and campaign management
- Media relations and/or PR agency experience
- Professional communications qualification e.g. CIPR or PRCA
- Public affairs experience
- Experience of membership and internal communications
- Ability to manage multi-stakeholder relationships and/or projects
- Awareness of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Budget management
- Strong analytical skills in data management, research and reporting
Looking after you
Wellbeing is at the heart of all that we do and say, we are friendly and supportive organisation. We are committed to rewarding our employees with competitive pay, a flexible and supportive workplace, opportunities to grow and develop, and our promise that we will put your wellbeing first.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Two wellbeing breaks, in summer and winter
- Free Mental Health First Aid training
- Employee Assistance Programme with a 24-hour helpline from Health Assured, occupational health and counselling
- Free flu jab to protect your health in winter
Employee benefits after probation period:
- Investing in your professional development, including qualifications and mentoring
- Death-in-service and critical illness cover
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Free eye test and £55 towards glasses
- Cycle to work scheme with an interest free loan to buy a bicycle
- Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
- Flexible working hours and access to flexible ways of working
- Commitment to volunteering
- Fun Club, festive events and celebration
- Team lunches and events
- ‘Bonusly’ employee recognition and reward scheme
Interested? How to apply
For the full job description and person specification please see the attached documents. Go to our website for further information.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role. The closing date for applications is Sunday 25 April 2021.
Interviews will be held week commencing 3 May 2021.
Mental Health First Aid England is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or those who are pregnant or on maternity leave. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented within the organisation, these include but are not limited to those from the LGBT+ community, people with disabilities, and candidates who are Black or People of Colour. By applying for this job you are confirming that you have read the MHFA England Privacy Notice and accept the conditions under which your details will be processed.