Purpose of Post
Social enterprises are businesses that are building a fairer, more equal society. Social Enterprise UK is the leading voice of the sector, representing nearly 3,000 organisations, working together to build markets, raise awareness and ensure the government recognises their amazing contribution and supports the sector to grow.
As well as being there to support our members, at Social Enterprise UK we believe that our members are vital to our continued understanding of the sector, and in giving us the credibility we need to speak on behalf of the sector when representing the movement to the public, to government and to our Corporate partners.
We need a Membership Executive who is passionate about building a more equal society and building relationships with change makers, who can support us in engaging our existing members as well as promoting Social Enterprise UK to new social enterprises, helping us reach our 10,000 member target and build a movement.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Member Relationship Management
- Manage membership-related inboxes and landline and ensure member satisfaction by building and maintaining positive relationships with all members and stakeholders both via e-mail and over the phone
- Satisfy member requests in a timely manner
Member Engagement and Experience
- Account manage a portfolio of SEUK members, with a focus on “Start”, “Sustain” and “Grow” members, assessing their own membership needs and generating a plan to improve membership experience.
- Deliver member engagement strategy in relation to retention and recruitment KPIs. Report regularly to line manager.
- Plan and implement the delivery of member engagement activities like webinars, workshops, etc
- Plan and deliver social media strategy for member engagement
Member Recruitment & Retention
- Implement the organisation’s member recruitment strategy by proactively researching new leads and prospects on a regular basis and contacting them.
- Implement the organisation’s member retention strategy by analysing members’ needs and responding to them with clear actions.
- Support in creating and collating presentations and other material that facilitate members’ recruitment and retention
Member Insight, Research and Data
- Review results from member research activity, both ad hoc (project based) and regular (annual member survey) and contribute to plans.
- Ensures, in partnership with Data Officer and Salesforce consultant, that the member data is collected, stored and used correctly in Salesforce while ensuring GDPR compliance
- Be responsible for the Buy Social Directory data management
- Assist in ensuring relevant reporting isproduced for Head of Membership, SLT and Board
- Create and be accountable for member communications such as welcome packs, renewal letters, monthly email newsletters, social media, members area and website.
- Ensure that member communications are compliant (particularly in relation to GDPR) and that quality assurance processes are followed for content creation.
Application and Renewal Processes
- Be accountable to perform and maintain an efficient and effective member application and renewal process. Ensure that the applicants meet SEUK member criteria and that due diligence is done on Companies House records.
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure that renewals are managed effectively and timely
Position in the organisation:
- The post holder will be required to work closely with colleagues across all areas of the organisation
- The post holder will report to the Head of Membership and sit within the Membership and Marketing team
General duties and key responsibilities
- Support Social Enterprise UK’s wider programme of activities where necessary, undertaking other duties as required
- Maintain commercial confidentiality about Social Enterprise UK and partners’ activities
- Ensure the implementation of Social Enterprise UK’s Code of Conduct, Health and Safety policy and Equal Opportunities policy in all areas of the work
- Attend training courses or take part in additional aspects of Social Enterprise UK’s work that are relevant to the work as decided in conjunction with the Head of Membership
- Ensure that all activities for which this post is responsible are carried out in accordance with Social Enterprise UK’s policies, to the highest ethical standards and in accordance with legal requirements, best practice and external guidelines
- Service own administrative needs, maintain transparent and up to date computer and paper records of work
- Act as an ambassador for Social Enterprise UK as appropriate
Applications close 19th July – interviews will be held over Zoom whilst applications are open, with final first round interviews being held on 21st and 22nd July.
To apply, please email your CV along with a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience match the job description to email@example.com
We will not view applications without a supporting covering letter.
We encourage applications from BAME backgrounds.
A full job spec can be downloaded here.