CLARITY & Co., the UK’s oldest surviving social enterprise (and registered charity), was founded in 1854 to employ, train and support people with disabilities or long term health conditions. Our mission is to create employment and provide training to build skills, confidence and independence. CLARITY & Co has been making soap and cleaning products for 70 years, often under other organisation’s brands, but also selling directly to tens of thousands of households and small businesses across the UK. Every purchase creates employment for our staff, 80% of whom are blind, disabled or otherwise disadvantaged.
Day to Day Functions
Duties include but aren’t limited to;
- Update staff registers and maintain diary of absences
- Processing orders on system (B2B and B2C)
- Raising Purchase orders and confirming receipt dates of goods
- Print off daily production sheets and labels as required
- Liaising with sales, finance and customer service teams to resolve order queries.
- Dealing with various Hauliers to book and co-ordinate collections and deliveries
- Administering contracts with customers including raising invoices, purchasing, and reporting
- Assisting with stock management and cycle counting
- Building relationships internally – working and communicating with managers
- Administrative duties to assist in the daily function of the Operations Department.
- Advising and confirming of all incoming material, direct deliveries & customer collections.
- Daily communication to warehouse of expected deliveries.
- Communicate to suppliers of any goods inwards discrepancies.
- All duties in relation to customer & supplier returns / credit.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by the Operations Manager
To be suitable for this role you will have:
(E) Essential, (D) Desirable
- Previous experience in Administration / Operational Support role (E)
- Experience of logistics and distribution (D)
- Extremely accurate, paying attention to detail (E)
- Excellent working knowledge of the order to delivery process (E)
- High numeracy and analytical skills (E)
- Intermediate user of MS Excel (D)
- Knowledge of CRM or ERP software (D)
- Strong communication skills (E)
- Strong organisational skills (E)
- Good problem solving skills (E)
- The capability and confidence to get things done (E)
You will have the passion, drive and confidence to work within the business in a collaborative, creative way.
Terms and Conditions
Full time – 37.5 hrs per week
5 days per week, Mon – Friday, 8.00am – 4.40pm (mon – Thurs) 8.00am – 1.30pm (Fri)
How to apply:
Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com