Close Date: 25/01/2020
Salary: £26,000 – £34,000, based on experience
Point of contact for applicants: Viola Sommer; firstname.lastname@example.org
Autistic adults often have extraordinary technical or cognitive abilities, yet many find it difficult to secure or maintain mainstream employment. The ongoing STEM skills shortage poses a real challenge to UK businesses.
auticon recognises this potential and is the first enterprise to exclusively employ autistic adults as consultants. By creating autism-positive work environments and offering highly individualised, sustained support mechanisms to autistic employees, auticon provides its corporate clients with a means to tap into the amazing talents of autistic people while creating well paid long term careers for its team.
We are offering
- A permanent employment contract
- Private medical insurance, season ticket loans, flexible work conditions and a considerate and diverse work environment
You will be in charge of our HR processes in the UK. Your role will include
- Ensuring a positive end to end employee experience
- Onboarding process for new employees including background checks
- Maintaining and administering our HR system (Bamboo HR)
- Payroll and pensions liaison
- Employee reviews
- Organising biannual team events
- Managing and administering our Access to Work claims
- Proactive improvement of our HR processes
Key skills and characteristics
Are you passionate about working for a company with a social purpose? Are you highly motivated to contribute to the growth of an ambitious company?
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics to join our incredible team in London:
- You have at least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- You have a degree or qualification in HR or a related area
- You have an in depth understanding of HR and D&I best practice
- You have a positive and empathetic personality
- You can work independently in a dynamic, agile and sometimes unstructured environment
- You are able to multi task and to prioritise your own workload
- You are a clear, friendly communicator both verbally and in writing
- You are confident to work with people with different communication styles
- You are proactive, hands-on and look for chances to make things work more efficiently
- You take pride in your ability to keep things running smoothly and make people feel welcome and included
- Experience of working with autistic people would be a plus
- You have the right to work in the UK
- You are available to start by the end of March 2020
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the criteria above, why you want to work for auticon, and gives details of your availability.
We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. You will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of your gender, marital status, race, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Applications without cover letter will not be considered.