This is a rare opportunity to join the senior team of On Purpose, a well-respected and growing social enterprise, to co-lead our London Associate Programme.
About On Purpose
On Purpose is a unique community of people who are using their careers to create positive social and environmental impact.
We develop leaders who put purpose before profit, and who will help bring about an economy that works for all – an economy that is equitable and sustainable for the long-term.
Our Associate Programme will celebrate its tenth year in 2020. Running twice a year, the year-long programme works with a select group of high-potential career changers from a range of professional backgrounds, matching them to work with purpose led organisations, and supporting them through inspiring learning and development.
On Purpose operates as a social enterprise. We are a member of Social Enterprise UK, a founding UK B Corp, and a London Living Wage employer. We are based in London, near London Bridge, with offices in Paris and Berlin.
Working here puts you at the heart of an inspiring mix of people and organisations working to create positive change.
Scope of role
The Head of Business Development and Marketing co-leads the London Associate Programme in partnership with the Head of Learning and Development. We find this co-leadership model offers a positive balance of mutual support and challenge, role-modelling how we believe leadership should operate.
This role has the following primary responsibilities:
- Jointly leading the London Associate Programme team, shaping and guiding the future of the Associate Programme in London.
- Finding and developing the network of placement organisations from whom the Associate Programme receives its revenue and which provide our Associates with paid work experience that combines social, environmental and commercial ways of working.
- Overseeing the planning and delivery of the Programme’s marketing and communication campaigns, in order to attract high-calibre Associates and build the Programme’s profile.
- Selecting the best candidates to be our Associates, through a rigorous assessment and selection process and matching them to placements.
- Supporting with wider programme activities, such as facilitating Associate training and managing Associate-placement relationships.
Like all members of the On Purpose leadership team, you will contribute to the operational and financial running of the organisation, be involved in and lead wider strategic initiatives, and have the opportunity to work in collaboration with On Purpose team members in other cities.
Alongside this role and the Head of Learning and Development, the London Associate team also includes the Marketing and Community Manager, whom you will manage, and the Programme Delivery Manager. We also work with external experts and our wider network to deliver our work and provide us with the wide range of specialist skills and experience we need.
This role requires an individual who is both personable and professional, who can quickly forge trusted relationships and is a first-rate communicator.
You must embody the qualities that On Purpose endeavours to achieve, including high levels of integrity, true social commitment and strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
In a small and developing organisation the role requires comfort with ambiguity and flexibility, a positive nature and can-do attitude. As a steward of the Associates during their time with us, we are looking for a colleague who models a culture of support, collaboration and challenge.
We are a community that welcomes diversity in all forms, through different professional and personal backgrounds, and encourage applications from anyone who’s passionate about purpose-led work.
Remuneration, benefits and holidays
We care about everyone we work with and thus have high aspirations for what we’ll each get out of working at On Purpose. We want our time working together to be challenging and rewarding as well as fun and enjoyable.
This is a full-time position with a salary in the region of £40,000, dependent on experience.
Other benefits include:
- The chance to work at a genuinely purpose-first organisation, that strives to drive a fundamental shift from profit to purpose, creating an economy that serves the wellbeing of all
- A trusting, collaborative and flexible working environment
- A pension scheme with a 5% employer’s contribution
- A £750 personalised learning budget to help you grow and develop, access to the rolling-programme of top-quality events and training we offer to our Associates and wider community
- The opportunity to volunteer with causes you care about
- Organisation-wide offsites with team members from across our London, Paris and Berlin offices
- A 25 day holiday allowance, plus UK bank holidays
Click here to apply and share why you are right for this role and why you feel its right for you. You will need to upload your CV, and share your contact details.
The deadline for applications is 9am on December 9th.
If you are successful, you will be invited to a first-round telephone / video interview on 12th to 13th December, with the final round interviews on 18th or 19th December in London.
Please just drop us a line on applications @onpurpose.org and we’ll be in touch.