Here at Goldfinger, we design for good.
Goldfinger crafts quality bespoke furniture and homewares from reclaimed and sustainable materials. We are an award-winning social enterprise working for the good of people and the planet. Our team’s craftsmanship is proudly on display at some of the UK’s leading names in hospitality and retail: John Lewis, Gail’s Bakery, Tom Dixon, Whistles, Leon and Inhabit Hotels. Our excellent artisans and apprentices also design and craft for private residents and in collaboration with celebrated interior designers and architects.
Positive social impact
An award-winning social enterprise, every penny of profit supports our charitable programmes for marginalised individuals from our community through our Goldfinger Academy and People’s Kitchen programmes. We firmly believe in the positive mental health benefits of making and using one’s hands. That’s why Goldfinger Academy also offers community craft courses, workshops and corporate away-days. Goldfinger supports its community through its People’s Kitchen, delivering hot meals and doorstep chats to vulnerable and isolated North Kensington residents.
For more information, please visit: www.goldfinger.design
We are looking for a talented and professional Finance Manager to lead Goldfinger’s day-to-day financial functions and develop effective long-term strategies as we embark on our next chapter of rapid growth.
With a relevant accounting background, you will have an excellent understanding and experience of financial planning, demonstrable experience and ability using computerised accounting software/databases, bookkeeping and Excel to an advanced level.
This is an exciting time to join Goldfinger and our small but mighty team of creatives and would suit a well organised individual with a high level of attention to detail, able to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial staff, and skills in prioritising your own workload, working proactively and collaboratively.
- Reports to: CEO
- Direct reports: n/a
- Working pattern: 2 days a week, worked across the week
- Salary: £30-35k, dependent on experience
- Location: Goldfinger with some flexible remote working
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day finance management of the organisation
- Finance planning, budgeting, forecasting and annual accounts
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Providing financial support to the fundraising team, including information for funding applications and reports.
- Streamlining and developing financial systems to improve efficiency and communication
- Working with the accountants to collate, process and transfer staff payroll and pensions payments.
- Working with the accountants to ensure accounts are accurate and up to date, including submission of timely VAT returns and annual accounts.
- Experience working with financial software (Xero, Hubdoc or equivalent)
- Track record of overseeing finance and managing budgets
- Detail-orientated with an analytical approach
- Adept at creating / improving admin and internal communication systems
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Full or part qualified in recognised accounting qualification (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Experience of working within the charitable / not for profit sector
- Interest in design, making and sustainable furniture and futures
- A commitment to sustainability and positive social impact
Please email your CV, a cover letter (no more than 2 sides) outlining how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on 30th January 2022.
For further information or to organise an informal phone call about the role, please email email@example.com
Goldfinger is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The perks of working at Goldfinger
- Become part of a personable, visionary team creating huge positive impact on a daily basis
- Opportunity to enjoy our sustainable well being package including yoga, cycle schemes and mental health support.
- Professional development opportunities including our digital learning programme
- Sustainability and design-thinking learning opportunities
- Staff discount across our sustainable design shop and Academy classes.
- Staff discount in our on-site Sicillian cafe, Panella, known for its excellent coffee, delicious Sicilian dishes and vibrant community spirit
- Unique working environment, based at the foot of the iconic Trellick Tower, on Golborne Road and a stone’s throw from Portobello Road
- Competitive salaries with room for growth
- Flexible working
- Regular social events
- Volunteer opportunities including delivering meals for our community via People’s Kitchen: To Your Door