Location: Working from home
Close Date: 23 July 2021
Point of contact for applicants: Sarah Whitehead | firstname.lastname@example.org
Brief job description:
Fuse Events are a UK based full-service event management agency with a passion for Social Change.
The Operations Executive at Fuse is responsible for end-to-end support of a diverse portfolio of events, clients, and daily business operations. This role requires reporting to and working closely with colleagues, clients, venues, sponsors, suppliers, speakers and delegates on a day-to-day basis. You will be responsible for the management of a range of support activities for events in the UK and overseas.
The role requires a high level of attention to detail, proactive and autonomous working, problem solving and customer care. The role also requires a high level of computer literacy, including in depth knowledge of basic administration software such as Word and Excel as well as experience of using registration software, efficient email management and financial competence when dealing with suppliers and end users. The role also requires the individual to have a professional and positive customer care attitude given they are the primary point of contact on telephone and email for the entire agency.
- To act as the primary point of contact for the main Fuse phone line
- To act as the primary monitor and responder on a range of client email accounts and phone lines
- Responsibility for delegated event logistics, resulting in the delivery of high-quality live events
- To take the lead on a range of event support operations tasks including managing registration websites, managing delegate communications, hotel rooming lists, seating plans, dietary requirements etc
- To source and liaise with venues and suppliers on certain projects
- Assist Event Managers and Directors to liaise with and manage all event stakeholders
- Help to brief and delegate to teams of onsite events staff
- Assist Event Managers and Directors with post-event evaluation and a range of ad-hoc event production tasks
- Provide additional administration support across the team where required.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND EXPECTATIONS
- To have a passion for social change, working sustainably, ethically and for projects which aim to foster social good
- Professional project administration and organisational skills
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the events sector (or other relevant cross transferable experience)
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to prioritise effectively and multi-task across a number of complex events
- Numerate, commercially and socially aware
- Well-presented and articulate
- Reliable team player with a pro-active mindset
- Willing to work long and unsocial hours on occasion as required
- Computer literate with professional level knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively and autonomously work from home in a professional setting with a reliable high speed internet connection and designated workspace
- Passion for the job and the Fuse ethos
- Gain knowledge of Social Enterprise sector
- Gain knowledge of Social Marketing, it’s definition and the sector