Location: Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands
Close Date: 13/11/2019
Salary: £16,176 – £18,270 FTE PA
Website link for full job description:
Point of contact for applicants: firstname.lastname@example.org
An opportunity has arisen for a Part-Time Front of House Assistant to greet our visitors and manage all the calls that come through to our main switchboard.
This post makes the difference to John Taylor Hospice being able to offer a great experience from first to last and is the job for someone who can inspire confidence and get to know people.
The role means linking with everyone in the company as calls, visitors and messages come through. It is a job that needs good interpersonal skills, a solution-focussed approach, flexibility and a strong customer focus. This post is responsible for ensuring that everyone who makes contact with the company has a kind, personal, efficient and friendly welcome.
The post holder must:
- Be sensitive to the many different needs of callers and match our response to their needs
- Ensure people who are visiting and those who are recently bereaved are cared for
- Answer telephone calls promptly taking accurate messages, give accurate information and ensure that messages get to the recipient in a timely manner
- Meet delivery companies ensuring that deliveries are receipted and received efficiently
- Work with the Fundraising Team to make sure that all gifts in cash or by cheque are received with thanks and in line with the company financial policy
- Work as part of a team to provide a personal front of house service 9am – 5pm two days a week (Monday and Tuesday)
- Work with volunteers and other colleagues in the charity to ensure that front of house runs smoothly with effective handovers