Location: Battersea, London
Close Date: 21/10/19
Salary: £24,500 – £28,500 pa depending on experience
Point of contact for applicants: Alex Osborne
Chocolate Films is a video production company with bases in London, Glasgow and Berlin. We produce video content for museums, art galleries, charities and corporate clients. We are currently looking for a creative and dedicated FCPX video editor to join our London team, cutting promos, events, documentaries, conference films and more.
Chocolate Films is a values-led company, run as a social enterprise. We use profits from the video production services to support a wide range of filmmaking experiences for children, young people and vulnerable adults, which all members of staff participate in.
This role has two key responsibilities
Post-Production for Chocolate Films (approx 80% of time)
- Editing a range of video content, from briefs, storyboards or scripts.
- Making amends to projects according to internal and client amends.
- Quality control of video projects
- Inputting into creative briefs and treatments
- Organising and managing hard drives.
- Uploading and optimising video for online, including transcription and production of SRT files etc.
- Archiving content on LT07 drives.
- Liaising with the Glasgow office to ensure that they have a manageable workload and are able to hit deadlines.
- Staying up to date on edit fashion/trends
- Ensuring that time allowances are adhered to and monitored
Digital Video Workshops Responsibilities
- Focusing on the post-production side of the digital video workshops
- Facilitating post-production workshops
- Maintaining the workshops post-production equipment, and ensuring that they are cleared down.
- Monitoring and checking on the edits of the workshop films to ensure that they are of the required standard, within the allocated time and branded correctly.
- Excellent Final Cut Pro X editing skills across a range of content, from promos, documentaries, event films and more
- Colour correction and sound mixing
- Experience of working with young people
- Motion Graphics, using Motion or After Effects
- Salary Range £24,500 – £28,500 pa depending on experience (reviewed annually)
• Regular working week Monday to Friday 9:00 – 18:00. Evening and weekend work will be necessary depending on projects and workloads. Time off in lieu for extra hours is offered.
• Holidays – 20 weeks per year plus UK bank holidays
• Employment is contingent on a clean extended DBS check and clean driving license.
• Duration: An initial 6 month probationary period with a view to a longer-term position.
• Role to start ASAP
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com
- Covering Letter
- A link to a short film that you have edited
Applications will not be considered without the above three included.