Job Title: Chief Operating Officer
Reports To: CEO
Contract Type: Permanent
Location of Role: Surbiton, South West London
Ideal start date: ASAP (willing to wait for right candidate)
Purpose of the Role:
This is an exciting role for an ambitious candidate to join a company that is already profitable and ready to scale its social impact. This role will be in charge of the operational delivery of the company and will have a key responsibility of managing and growing our employer relationships. Managing and coaching the team, setting up processes, delivering efficiencies and having an important part to play in our strategy for scale.
This is a number-two hire in the business and will be responsible for managing the whole operational function of Pathway (currently at 7 people). The focus of the role will initially be on employer partnerships, understanding our clients, and ensuring we meet monthly KPI’s. You will need to ensure proactive engagements to provide consultative solutions for our clients as they develop and improve their early years recruitment strategies. You will be working closely with an account management team, training them up and delivering exceptional client account management together. Also working closely with our Comms and Insights officer, to ensure everything we do is backed up with data and evidence. This role manages and must work closely with the schools team to ultilise our network and programme to effectively help students understand about our employer brands. As a company, we are passionate about making a difference and speaking about diversity and inclusion runs through our Programme.
As you become successful in your role and develop a clear structure that is working, the role will grow with you. Taking on more overall responsibility around strategic direction and helping shape the right products and services that will see the most social impact and legacy that you should want to see from your work at Pathway. We want to see this hire join the Board at some stage.
What does good look like?
A candidate who has expertise and passion for operations, process, management and has a keen desire to scale a social impact project. Someone who does understand and can relate to the current education system and the prospects for young people and is passionate to stick at the challenge of finding solutions to fix up the problem and improve our economy – using the power of our school, student and multinational employers.
Someone who is keen to work with a close nit team, set the rules and expectations, but also able to get their hands dirty and fix a problem, speak to a school, deal with an employer need or support a student. This person will have the experience creating and managing processes, efficiencies, margins and finances to help shape and carefully construct a position to scale – utilising the innovation, expertise and passion from the company’s CEO. This is about teamwork and working together to scale (and improve) the impact we are already making.
Pathway CTM – Job Description
- To lead the operations and back office of a double aware winning social enterprise that is changing the lives and opportunities to young people across the UK!
- Not only this, but being heavily involved in the direction and way in which we approach scaling our social impact
- Managing and growing a young and socially minded team
- Encouraged to question and consult on how we can improve as a business, across all areas, to really see changes you are making and feel the impact you are creating
- Driving a KPI culture for how we work with customers; including internal goal setting and personal development ways of working
- Product development – working with the CEO in what ideas we take forward to Board for scale
- Ownership of the Pathway employer relationships, managing a dedicated account manager and Comms and Insights Officers who will support you in this
- Innovate and improve our service level, how can we track the impact of our services better?
- Grow our current relationships, including different models of revenue with direct businesses and third party and association models
- Understanding that your role is to develop every one of your team and to grow the team as our business requires
- Working closely with the CEO as the two key people to drive the business direction of Pathway
- A real appetite for a challenge and to throw yourself into a start-up into scale up situation
- Experience in managing and developing people, with a real passion for continuing your learning through experience
- Process creator, efficiency finder, strong team collaborator, motivator and leader
- Account management experience and creating strong relationships. We need you to bring with you new ideas and ways of working
- Positive attitude, drive and creativity – this role will be varied and challenging
- Process driven and starter-finisher
- A passion for changing the way young people are served in today’s economy, and indeed, how they are acting towards the changing labour market
- Strong written communication and copywriting skills
- A good understanding about the Early Years Recruitment scene, with experience in it if possible
- Education background or experience of working with young people
- Marketing understanding and experience to support this function
- Technology capability and used to working with CRM and systems to track and support our data inputs and outputs
- Strategic thinker and a people-manager, who gets on with people and clients naturally
- Good at dealing with people and challenges
- Being able to work well in a close-nit team, and willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills with a real creative spark for innovative ideas
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to organise and plan work effectively
- The desire to be on a Board, running a business and growing the C-Level team
- Huge opportunity to create, express yourself and work in a mobile and entrepreneurial setting
- A Board position would be expected to be made for you after your probation period
- A competitive salary as a key hire, with share opportunities for your impact and commitment
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) with your birthday off as a bonus!
- Free Gym membership as our commitment to a healthy work-life balance
- Offices are shared with other Social Impact companies, with likeminded people and opportunity for learning about other sectors
- Monthly social activities
- Laptop and iPhone plus contribution pension scheme
- One Duvet Day each year!
How to apply
Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com