Close Date: 06/02/2020
Salary: £65-£85k per annum, based on credentials
Point of contact for applicants: Viola Sommer; email@example.com
Autistic adults often have extraordinary technical or cognitive abilities, yet many find it difficult to secure or maintain mainstream employment. The ongoing STEM skills shortage poses a real challenge to UK businesses.
auticon recognises this potential and is the first enterprise to exclusively employ autistic adults as consultants. By creating autism-positive work environments and offering highly individualised, sustained support mechanisms to autistic employees, auticon provides its corporate clients with a means to tap into the amazing talents of autistic people while creating well paid long term careers for its team.
We are offering
- Maternity cover – initial fixed term for 6 months. We are a fast growing company and there is good potential for longer term employment after the end of the fixed term
- We offer private medical insurance, season ticket loans, flexible work conditions and a considerate and diverse work environment
You will be in charge of our operations in the UK, head our London office and join our executive board as a statutory director.
Your role will include:
- Leadership for our London based team
- Managing our back office roles including HR, recruitment, finance, operations and PR
- Ensuring smooth UK wide operations
- Process design, control and optimisation
- Developing our purpose and assessing our impact
- External relations
- Statutory director duties
- Liaising with our non-executive advisory board
- Liaising with our auticon group HQ in Munich
Key skills and characteristics:
Are you passionate about working for a company with a social purpose? Are you resilient and highly motivated to contribute to the growth of an ambitious company?
We are looking for someone with the following characteristics to join our incredible team in London:
- You are an experienced manager and leader
- You take pride in your ability to motivate people
- You have a positive, sociable and empathetic personality
- You understand operations management, process control and process optimisation
- You enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment
- You are confident to work with people with different communication styles
- You take pride in your ability to keep things running smoothly and make people feel welcome
- You are proactive, hands-on and always look for chances to make things work more efficiently
- You have the right to work in the UK
- Experience in the IT consulting industry
- Experience in financial planning
- Understanding of HR/D&I best practice
- Knowledge of social enterprise and impact assessment
- Experience in working with autistic people would be a plus
Please apply with a CV and a cover letter that demonstrates how you meet the criteria above, why you want to work for auticon, and gives details of your availability.
We are committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. You will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of your gender, marital status, race, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Applications without cover letter will not be considered. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to meet with us and discuss the role.