iSE is a leading social enterprise development organisation based in Birmingham. iSE is a B2B social enterprise whose purpose is to grow the social enterprise sector in Birmingham and beyond. iSE provides high quality support and services to social enterprises and trading third sector organisations across every stage of the social entrepreneurial journey from engagement of citizens and communities through to high end business growth.
- Working collaboratively to benefit our customers and especially the third sector
- Equality of opportunity will underpin all of our activities internal and external
- Quality is everything
- Working towards organisational stability in everything we do
- Reducing our negative impact
- Working with openness and respect alongside diverse communities
- Working flexibly and responsively to the needs of our clients
As the CEO you will be responsible for driving the development of the social enterprise sector in Birmingham and beyond. You will hold the ultimate responsibility for the day to day running of a strong and vibrant “can do” organisation with a committed, motivated and passionate team, a reputation for innovation, responsiveness, quality and customer service.
You will be running both the Digbeth Social Enterprise Hub and the Sparkbrook Women’s Enterprise Hub and have responsibility for strategic direction and the financial sustainability of the organisation. You will be focused on continuous improvement and will be empowered to “think outside the box” as you lead the organisations through a complex and ever-changing social enterprise and businesses support landscape and in pursuit of opportunities for the growth of business for the sector. You will maintain the role that iSE plays in the social enterprise landscape providing support to ‘Birmingham as a Social Enterprise City’, CITYDRIVE and the ‘Digbeth Social Enterprise Quarter’.
iSE is an innovative organisation keen to understand the needs of the social enterprise sector and identify appropriate solutions.
- Provide strategic leadership and vision to iSE and in the successful delivery of its business objectives including publications and training delivery.
- Be an inspirational lead voice for iSE and social enterprise, to raise its profile and to influence local and national strategy and policy.
- Engage and develop relationships with external stakeholders, including politicians, government officials, media representatives, funders and partners.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, both by offering advice and support and by contributing to and implementing the organisation’s strategic plan and related annual business plans.
- Be responsible for the staffing, business and financial management of iSE.
- Ensure the efficiency and financial viability of ISE and any new services developed with a view to ensuring our long-term sustainability and growth
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Leading and managing the organisation
A) Ensure a long-term strategy, business plan and budgets are in place to guide iSE in the successful achievement of its aims and objectives.
B) Ensure the efficiency, social value creation and financial viability of iSE and any proposed new services with a view to ensuring successful business development and long-term sustainability and growth.
C) Provide advice and support to the Board of Directors and to the wider organisation, including chairing management and team meetings and delegating operational responsibility for specific areas of work as appropriate.
D) Lead the organisation and ensure all employees buy into the organisational vision and values. You will be responsible for motivating and developing staff to maintain a high performing team.
E) In conjunction with the Board of Directors, to ensure that iSE complies with all relevant regulations and quality standards regarding its operation in terms of its CIC status in England
F) Lead the growth and management of the iSE ‘hub’ model, ensuring the provision of high-quality office space, business units and short-term room rentals and all associated building management requirements. Explore and implement franchising of ‘hub’ model.
A) Ensure that ISE complies with all the necessary legal responsibilities.
B) Provide effective internal leadership: management, recruitment, appraisal, training, target setting and discipline of staff.
C) Provide leadership in income generation for iSE, increasing and maximising income.
D) Lead the consultancy function of the organisation through your specialist sector and business knowledge.
E) Undertake appraisal, selection, development, negotiation, monitoring and management of projects and consultancy work.
F) Set the public image of iSE; acting as an ambassador at home and abroad; engaging with the media. Ensure effective marketing and communications, ensure delivery of high-quality events, workshops and exhibitions to market and raise awareness of ISE and the social enterprise sector. Ensure good internal communication
G) Maintain and, wherever possible, expand iSE’s network of supporters and partners in line with the overall strategy.
H) Ensure overall health and safety management within the organisation, legal compliance, data protection (GDPR) and maintain insurances.
I) At all times to work in such a way as to promote Equal Opportunities.
A salary of £62,500 p.a. full time (37.5 hours per week). The location for this role is Birmingham in the West Midlands. The annual leave allocation is 35 days per annum (including 8 bank holidays). Pension 5% self-contribution and 5% company contribution.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and a covering letter explaining how you fit with the role and our core values to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Midnight Sunday 22nd March 2020.
Interviews will be held on the 26th and 27th March at iSE CIC, Avoca Court, 23 Moseley Road, Digbeth, Birmingham B12 0HJ.
If you have any questions regarding the role contact Chair of the Board of Directors, Dr Steve Harding firstname.lastname@example.org