Post: Account Manager
Responsible to: Director of Business & Enterprise
Purpose of Post
The Account Manager role is a key new position supporting our growing work within the B2B marketplace. B2B social enterprises are an increasingly significant part of the social enterprise movement and SEUK has pioneered supporting big businesses to open up their supply chain opportunities through a flagship programme, Buy Social Corporate Challenge. This role will focus on managing and developing relationships of SEUK’s growing corporate partnerships within this programme as well as its wider work. In addition, the account manager focuses on supporting Social Enterprise UK’s work to increase and diversify the organisation’s income streams.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Lead on key corporate partnership to build, maintain and grow effective, mutually beneficial relationships
- Deliver effective, impactful programme support to Buy Social Corporate Challenge partners
- Account manage a portfolio of SEUK members, with a particular focus on larger organisations, including large corporates, housing associations and higher education institutions, looking at their own supply chain needs, to leverage expertise gained on the Buy Social Corporate Challenge for the benefit of SEUK’s wider membership
- Identify, collate and promote best practice and key learnings from corporate partners and their work with SEUK
- Identify and build new corporate relationships to maximise revenue for SEUK and business opportunities for SEUK members
- Establish and maintain external relationships, attending and representing SEUK at meetings as required
- Work across and with teams to identify and research new opportunities in line with SEUK strategy and business plan
- Identify new and improved ways of generating income from SEUK core activities, including membership, research, public and private sector contracts & partnerships, consultancy and international work.
- Proactively promote the enterprise agenda within SEUK seeking opportunities for new business that are consistent with our values and aims, support the growth of an enterprise culture and create new income streams for the organisation
- Support SEUK’s wider programme of activities where necessary, undertaking duties that may reasonably be assumed to be within the remit of the post.
- Liaise effectively with other SEUK teams in particular finance, membership and communications.
- Ensure the implementation of SEUK’s Code of Conduct, Health and Safety policy and Equal Opportunities policy in all areas of the work.
- Attend training courses or take part in additional aspects of SEUK’s work that are relevant to the work as decided in conjunction with Director of Business & Enterprise
- Ensure that all activities for which this post is responsible are carried out in accordance with SEUK’s policies, to the highest ethical standards and in accordance with legal requirements, best practice and external guidelines.
- Service own administrative needs, maintain transparent and up to date computer and paper records of work.
- Act as an ambassador for SEUK as appropriate.
- Experience of working with/in private sector
- Proven track record of sales, project management and business development ex
- Understanding and exposure to the Responsible Business agenda and how social enterprise sits within the wider economy
- Marketing experience
- Experience of working in the social enterprise sector
Knowledge/ Skills / Ability
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organising own workload, setting and successfully meeting priorities and deadlines
- Excellent writing and financial skills
- Excellent IT skills (esp.
- Ability to work flexibly, independently and as part of a team
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity and equality as it applies in the work place
- Experience in using CRM packages (e.g. Salesforce)
(We want the post holder to be able to demonstrate the following competences to a high level and want to use these to the full in their work)
- Team working
- Effective communication to different audiences
- Decision making and problem solving
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to review and improve systems and processes
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing organisational requirements
Terms and conditions
- Full time contract
- Minimum 35 hours a week. Evening and weekend work will be required occasionally
- Salary £43,000 gross pa + pension and benefits
- Leave entitlement: 25 days pro rata
- Location: Central London. Travel to other UK locations will be required occasionally.
- A six month probationary period will apply
Making an application
If you wish to apply for this post please submit a CV explaining why you are suitable for the position, and giving examples of how you meet the job criteria. Please refer to the job description and person specification which sets out the skills, knowledge, and experience required to carry out the role. It is these requirements that will form the basis of the short-listing and interview process.
Please email your application form to Jennifer Exon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Close of business Wednesday, 16 October 2019
If you have any queries on the application procedures, please contact Jennifer Exon.
Decisions on short-listing
If you have been short-listed we will contact you for an interview in London week commencing 28 October 2019.
Offer of appointment
Offer of appointment is subject to receipt of satisfactory references.
Full terms and conditions of employment will be supplied to the appointed candidate.