Three years after launching the Social Enterprise Places programme, there are now 19 of these hotspots of social enterprise activity throughout the UK. This report looks at what’s been achieved so far.
Over the last three years, it has grown from an idea from one of Social Enterprise UK’s members to a growing network of 19 places across the UK with reach to 5.4million people, and even started to spread internationally.
This report looks in more depth at the activity and effects of the programme from April 2014 to September 2016. In particular, it looks at:
- initial aggregate numbers
- impact of town drives & events
- outcomes associated with the status and recognition
- qualitative learning and findings into ‘what helps create a social enterprise place?’
- recommendations for those seeking to build local, resilient social economies