These badges have been developed to help you to identify your organisation as a SEUK member (either as a social enterprise or a social enterprise supporter).
We have also provided some copies to use in your communications should you wish to explain what a social enterprise is, and to let your customers know that you’re part of (or supporting) a growing alternative business sector. Simply scroll down the page.
WHICH BADGE IS RIGHT FOR MY ORGANISATION?
There are several badges available:
1. If you are a social enterprise and you meet our criteria (below) you should use the social enterprise UK certified member badge. There are now eleven versions available in rectangular and circular forms.
2. We recognise that we have many members that are not social enterprises themselves, but give a huge amount of support to the sector – these organisations should use the social enterprise UK supporting member badge.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR BADGE
The badges are available below. Right click on the appropriate badge, select ‘save image as’ and save it to your computer. To maintain the badge’s transparent background, the image should be saved as a .png file.
Badges should not be stretched, or reduced in size to less than 300x86px. If you require a badge in a larger size, please email email@example.com
DISPLAYING YOUR BADGE
You can display your badge online (on your website and email signatures), across printed materials (on your letterheaded paper, social impact report and annual review) and on products.
Please do hyperlink the badge when displayed online to the Social Enterprise UK website if you would like to let your visitors know more about social enterprise and what it means. A number of our members already do this and it helps us all to raise awareness about our movement.
To do this, in your CMS, click on the image, click the link symbol and insert this link URL: https://www.socialenterprise.org.uk/about-membership/
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE UK CERTIFIED MEMBER BADGES
|RECTANGULAR BADGE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST|
|CIRCULAR BADGE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST |
SOCIAL ENTERPRISE UK SUPPORTING MEMBER BADGES
Click on the blank space to the left, right click, select ‘save image as’
PROFILE TO COPY FOR SOCIAL ENTERPRISES (simply copy and paste)
We’re a certified social enterprise and a member of the national trade body, Social Enterprise UK.
We are one of more than 70,000 social enterprises across Britain tackling social and environmental problems. Free of shareholders, social enterprises choose to plough their profits back into the business to deliver on their social or environmental mission, which might be getting homeless people off the streets and into work, or reducing the amount of waste that goes into landfill.
UK social enterprise facts
- Britain’s social enterprise sector contributes 24 billion to the economy and employs one million people.
- Social enterprises are much more likely to be led by women than mainstream businesses: 40% per cent of social enterprises have a female chief executive, compared with 7% of FTSE 100 companies.
- The majority of social enterprises (59%) actively employ people who are disadvantaged in the labour market, including ex-offenders, people with disabilities and the long-term unemployed.
- Three quarters (74%) of social enterprises pay the Living Wage as accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
To find out more about social enterprise, visit “What its all about“
PROFILE TO COPY FOR SOCIAL ENTERPRISE SUPPORTERS (simply copy and paste)
We’re a proud supporter of the social enterprise sector, and a member of the national trade body, Social Enterprise UK.
There are more than 70,000 social enterprises across Britain tackling social and environmental problems. Free of shareholders, these alternative businesses choose to reinvest their profits to deliver on their social or environmental mission, which might be getting homeless people off the streets and into work, or reducing the amount of waste that goes into landfill.
To find out more about social enterprise, visit “What its all about”
If you would like to use the ‘social enterprise’ membership badge, we need to agree some key facts about your social enterprise. If you can’t agree with the statements set out below, then please instead use the ‘we support social enterprise’ badge.
I would like permission to use the ‘Certified Member’ badge and I agree that:
- We are an independent business and get more than half our income from trading, or we are working toward this
- We have a clear social or environmental mission that is set out in our governing documents
- Our business is controlled or owned in the interests of our social mission
- We reinvest or give away at least half of our profits in support of our social purpose, and we protect our assets
- We are transparent about the way we operate as a business and the impact that we have