So many of us are looking forward to the festive season this year, and whatever your faith, situation or lifestyle, let’s hope it gives us some form of a welcome break from the toughest year that many of us have faced.
If you exchange gifts at this time of year, you’ve probably already been thinking about what to get for friends and family, and one positive aspect of this challenging year has been more and more people have discovered the benefits of shopping locally.
It’s never been more important to support independent businesses as they’ve suffered such a big hit through lockdown and local restrictions, so we want to shine the light on some great ethical businesses we know, whilst making it easy for you to find the perfect present with our festive guide with a difference.
FOR THE FASHIONISTAS
- BEEN London – Beautiful bags made from recycled materials, including a vegan range
- Catch Rhys – Independent jewellery brand with a focus jewellery that’s honestly priced, fairly marketed and ethically sourced
- Dragana Perisic – Quality handmade womenswear and accessories that are made to last
FOR THE FOODIES
- The Good Brownie Co – An extensive range of brownies, specialising in gluten-free, sugar/dairy-free, vegan & paleo-friendly options
- NEMI teas – An ethical tea company providing employment to refugees
- Harry Specters – providing employment and free training for young people with autism, enabling them to make award-winning chocolates and gain confidence, hope and experience.
FOR THE BODY BEAUTIFUL
- Circla – Carefully selected collection of beauty care products, consciously chosen to be as kind to the planet as they are to your body
- IN YOUR DREAMS – Unique trend-based festival beauty accessories & digital beauty workshops
- NuNude – community brand, that promotes diversity, inclusivity and body positivity through skin matching underwear & shapewear
FOR THE ‘I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WANTERS’
- Wearth – An online marketplace full of eco and sustainable gifts
- Cassava Republic Press – Brilliant books by published by Black & African authors
- Roses & Cushions – Ranges of beautiful flower bouquets, plants, cards and gifts
- On Friendship and Chairs – Beautiful vintage furniture, homeware & gifts
FOR A DIFFERENT CHRISTMAS
- The Do-Gooders – Take on their challenge and choose one thing this Christmas and swap it for a more sustainable or ethical alternative. Changing something small can make a huge difference even if it is something as simple as saving used wrapping paper this year to reuse next year!