Coventry Social Enterprise City Partnership
The City of Coventry has been invited to submit a proposal to the Local Access Programme, a new fund created by ACCESS – The Foundation for Social Investment and Big Society Capital to take a place based approach to transforming the social economy through blended finance. Coventry is one of only 12 places invited to take part in a competitive process where 5 places will be offered a share of £33m of blended finance to develop a strong social economy.
This is a potentially significant moment for the way Coventry’s public services might be delivered so we want to use this opportunity to understand how best to focus energies and resources to maximum effect.
This application is being developed by Coventry Social Enterprise City Partnership, an informal body made up of Coventry City Council, sectoral support agencies, social enterprise and charity leaders and 2 Universities.
The focus of the bid will be to identify areas of market opportunities within Coventry where sustainable business models might be developed which build the sustainability of charities and social enterprises.
We require a specialist consultant with the expertise to identify social economy market opportunities. We expect this work will consist of:
- Undertaking research and analysis of potential market opportunities in Coventry and surrounding areas which have the potential of being delivered by the social economy
- Engage with relevant stakeholders to understand the local context and direction of travel
- Presenting to the partnership conclusions in the form of presentation and report
Early discussions have highlighted the following areas may be useful areas to explore:
- Private Sector (increasing the value of spend by the private sector with social economy organisations)
- Homelessness & Housing Services
- City of Culture 2021
- Young People
A maximum of £10,000 inc expenses
- Excellent track record in research
- Strong end evidenced understanding of the Social Economy (ideally in Coventry)
- Ability to identify, quantify and articulate local market opportunities for social economy organisations
- Willingness to work and consult with key partners and stakeholders
- Value for Money
How to Quote
Please provide a fully costed proposal which sets out:
- Your approach
- An indicative work plan
- Relevant experience
- How you meet the criteria
- 2 referees
Send your proposal to Keith Jeffrey, MD of CU Social Enterprise CIC by 5pm on June 28th
June 28th Submission Deadline
w/c July 8th Interviews
Sept 20th Submission of final report