Young and mature learners who aspire to be leaders and change-makers now have the chance to join a unique social change degree at Leeds Beckett University: BA Innovation and Skills for Social Change. It is the first social change degree in the world that has been designed from the bottom-up with leaders, change-makers, communities and students around the country, and is exclusive to Leeds Beckett University.
Leaders and change-makers say they want graduates of this course in their organisations and they wish they’d had the opportunity to study it.
This is a full-time 3-year degree, for students starting in September 2020. Key highlights include:
- Annual social change projects in communities – gain 3-years of work experience in social change and make a difference while studying.
- No exams.
- Practice-based – learn by doing and strengthen skills and abilities for change-making in all sectors.
- 2-days a week attendance.
- Interdisciplinary – combines content from subjects such as sociology, politics, economics, philosophy, human geography and management.
- Course delivery by top experts who have real-world experience in change-making.
- Fantastic networking opportunities including with employers.
- Career pathways in different sectors.
This degree develops high-level capabilities for leadership, innovation and social change to tackle the root causes of social and climate issues locally and globally.
The deadline for applications is 15 January 2020 (via UCAS). For course queries, contact email@example.com.