The purpose of this role is to manage the successful delivery of a number of programmes, grant funding and funder relationships within time, scope and budget. You will develop and sustain key relationships with the funders of these programmes ensuring that reporting on both our impact and spend is carried out.
You will take the lead on all aspects of project management including coordinating the input of external partners and internal colleagues and will play a key role in monitoring learning programme outcomes, reporting to funders, and maintaining positive funder relationships.
You will succeed in the role if you believe in the potential of social entrepreneurship to create social change and are willing to work collaboratively as part of a fun yet focused team.
1. Define a clear programme management plan for each programme to identify and agree objectives, outputs and outcomes; detailing key actions, colleague responsibilities, schedules, dependencies, risks, issues, decisions, etc, in line with funder requirements and SSE priorities.
2. Manage and monitor programmes throughout their cycle and maintain up to date records of progress against plan, including identifying and responding appropriately to relevant opportunities and risks.
3. Manage the operational programme budgets, including liaising with the finance team to process invoices in association with the programmes.
4. Manage the student grant budgets, where relevant, including overseeing the activities of Grant Managers and ensuring the timely identification and reallocation of underspend as appropriate.
5. Produce and update as necessary all documentation for use in programme management, programme delivery and grant management in collaboration with Learning Managers and Grant Managers as appropriate.
6. Issue contracts and agreements for all partners, freelancers and other parties involved in delivering the programme and monitor their performance against that agreement.
7. Ensure systems and processes are in place for appropriate identification, escalation and resolution of any issues arising within the programme. Ensure accurate records are maintained in Salesforce by all colleagues and stakeholders in relation to the programmes.
8. Conduct regular ‘360 reviews’ of key programme phases to capture learning and lead on planning and implementing improvements and innovations resulting from this process, including working with other Programme Managers on crossprogramme developments.
Funder and Partner relationships:
9. Ensuring that all contractual requirements, such as narrative and financial reporting are delivered to a high standard.
10.Ensuring that regular, positive, and constructive progress meetings are held with each funding partner, according to their preferred frequency and format.
11.Regular liaison with SSE Central’s Finance team, as required, to ensure all expected income has been received and that expenditure is on track.
12.Liaison with SSE Central’s Communications team in relation to any public-facing or communications aspects of each partnership.
13.Sharing knowledge and understanding of each partner’s needs and expectations within the Entrepreneurship delivery teams and with external suppliers such as freelancers, to ensure the partnerships are well-supported across the
14.Coordinating regular meetings of all internal stakeholders for each project to ensure all parties are updated on relevant aspects of each programme and partnership.
Student Recruitment and Selection:
15.Oversee the programme’s recruitment and selection processes including working closely with the Head of Communications, Learning Facilitators and the national outreach lead to develop and execute strategies to target and recruit social entrepreneurs for SSE Learning Programmes.
16.Oversee the selection process for the programmes including ensuring appropriate information on all applicants is captured in our Salesforce system
17.Provide the necessary documentation and support SSE’s grant panels appropriate information, meetings run effectively, and the outcomes are recorded in accordance with our grant making policy by an administrator
18.Working with the grants team ensure all new students are issued with and complete programme registration and grant offer documentation.
19.Ensure complete and accurate recording of the recruitment and selection process for all applicants within the Salesforce system.
Further information including a full job description is available here.