£27,576 and £30,133 pro-rata depending on experience
The purpose of this role is to utilise high-level people skills, facilitation skills and a coaching approach to deliver learning programmes to entrepreneurs ensuring each student has a transformative and valuable experience. This crucial role provides the interface between The SSE and the entrepreneurs learning experience, meeting entrepreneurs where they are at, helping to reveal what they don’t know and explore, and develop, what they do.
Working closely with the wider programme and delivery team, you will design, plan, andrecruit social business leaders for high quality learning programmes, supporting them to start, develop and scale organisations that have social benefit whilst also contributing to their personal development as leaders of change.
You will have the ability to effectively communicate from group to an individual levels, supporting entrepreneurs in one-to-ones for individual coaching, development and provide pastoral care. Having knowledge of the social enterprise, charity, and business sector, you will be able to curate and tailor learning programmes to meet the needs of each cohort. By understanding and establishing individual and cohort wide needs, you will engage with programme contributors, and design and deliver high-level themed interactive sessions to meet those needs. You will have an awareness of different learning styles and be able to adapt learning sessions to meet those needs.
You will succeed in the role if you believe in the potential of social entrepreneurship to create social change and are willing to work collaboratively as part of a fun yet focused team.
1. Collaborate with the Entrepreneurship Delivery Leads to design, plan and deliver transformative learning programmes and sessions that support entrepreneurs and organisations to build entrepreneurial skills and ensure inclusivity and impact. This will include designing interactive sessions to ‘land the learning’ from sessions to deepen understanding.
2. Collaborate with the Programme Managers to ensure programmes meet both the programme brief and entrepreneur need.
3. Develop and implement inclusive and engaging recruitment and assessment processes for programmes you work on and contributing to the recruitment of other programmes at SSE.
4. Create an exciting and trusting learning environment, facilitating groups, group work and chairing external speaker sessions.
5. Engage with entrepreneurs on a one-to-one basis to provide individual business coaching and pastoral support.
6. Collaborate with Programme Managers, impact team and coordinators to ensure programme evaluation in accordance with our quality assurance process and feeding learning back into the SSE team to ensure we are always learning. This will include taking part in regular 360 programme meetings, ad hoc reflection, review meetings and contributing to programme reports.
7. To be able to pivot and respond creatively to changing learning needs, challenges, or funder requirements.
8. Contribute to the SSE’s pool of speakers, witnesses, consultants, and mentors to create a more diverse contributor pool, promoting inclusivity, and ensuring the programme provides stimulating, relevant, practical, and valuable input.
9. Collaborate with the programme and learning team to maintain and develop relationships with programme contributors, providing appropriate briefings, ensuring speakers are welcomed, feel valued and want to continue to support SSE.
10. Deliver Action Learning Sets, a peer-coaching method long-embedded in SSE programmes, having received training from experts in how to best facilitate this powerful intervention. (Training provided).
Additional possible responsibilities:
11. To share and utilise your place-based regional knowledge of the sector to contribute to place-based programme design, recruitment, and delivery.
12. To have expertise in (some) areas of business (such as marketing, social impact, financial management), that allow you to design and deliver expert themed session.
13. Experience of working with a range of entrepreneurs at different stages of their journey. This will include those starting up, supporting entrepreneurs of developing enterprises and then leaders of established ventures to scale.
Further information including a full job description is available here.