Are you a visionary design leader ready to shape the future of Goldfinger? We are seeking an experienced Head of Design and Production to spearhead our design vision and lead the way in driving product development. Goldfinger is seeking an experienced Head of Design & Production to lead the design and creative direction of our award-winning social enterprise.
This is a critical role for taking our bespoke furniture brand to the next level through establishing a distinct and cutting-edge design aesthetic and pivoting us towards becoming a globally recognized sustainable furniture brand.
You will oversee all creative elements, from conceptualizing original Goldfinger signature designs to art directing photo shoots showcasing our pieces. You will lead a small but highly skilled design team in a fast-paced environment, guiding them to execute on your vision.
Summary of Responsibilities:
● Develop and execute on the creative vision and distinct aesthetic for Goldfinger across bespoke projects, furniture collections and brand assets
● Spearheading bespoke projects with support from Design & Production Manager from producing design drawings, client liaison, project management and quality control and ensure timely delivery
● Lead the design process from initial concept to prototyping to final production of furniture retail collections while pushing sustainability and innovation
● Develop the network of Goldfinger accredited partner workshops involving occasional travel to workshops to control quality and design integrity; Managing client, supplier, and workshop relationships
● Direct overall marketing and branding assets including photo shoots and trade shows, oversee post-production to capture the Goldfinger essence: website, social media, print
● Responsible for delivering bespoke projects and retail collections on time and on budget
● Responsible for overall design & production P&L
● Line Management of Design & Production Manager and any freelance designers and makers
● With career development potential to become Design Director of the overall brand
● 8+ years of design and production experience in the furniture industry
● Strong portfolio demonstrating your design vision and production knowledge
● Passion for sustainability and ideally experience incorporating it into furniture
● Comfortable leading collaboration across creative, operations and external partners
● Proficient in 2D / 3D / CAD / Autocad and Rhinoceros (Solidworks or Fusion 360 also acceptable if there is a preference). Proficiency in Vray or Key-shot and good knowledge of Photoshop is a plus
● Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a creative team
● Expertise in design software and tools, staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies
● Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in a dynamic environment and tight timelines
● Alignment with our social impact-driven mission and values
Further information and instructions on how to apply can be found here.