Current Social Enterprise Landscape in Oxfordshire
Oxfordshire has a very wide range of social enterprises, from large well established businesses, to new start-ups, serving a range of markets including sustainability and recycling, homelessness, health and disability issues.
- To create a map of all social enterprises in Oxfordshire and establish a thriving network of social enterprises by promoting links between the many existing networks supporting local social enterprise initiatives.
- To ensure that social enterprises have access to resources and support to help them grow.
- To build a culture of social innovation and encourage social investment and growth and to promote the integration of social enterprise into the county’s economy.
Oxfordshire Social Enterprise Partnership
University of Oxford
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Low Carbon Hub
Age UK, Oxfordshire
The Phone Co–‐op Telephone services http://www.thephone.coop/
4Rivers Healthcare services http://www.fourriversoxon.co.uk/who–‐we–‐are/
Broken Spoke Bike Co-op http://bsbcoop.org/
Turl Street Kitchen Restaurant www.turlstreetkitchen.co.uk
Oxford Wood Recycling Wood products www.oxfordwoodrecycling.org.uk
Clean Sl8 Soap recycling http://cleanslaterecycling.wordpress.com/about–‐2/
Aspire Oxfordshire Facilities services www.aspireoxford.co.uk
Beacon Healthcare services www.beaconchc.co.uk/
Ethical Property Company Property www.ethicalproperty.co.uk
Ethex Financial services www.ethex.org.uk
Oxfordshire Social Entrepreneurship Partnership http://www.osep.org.uk/
LEP support for Social Enterprise in Oxfordshire http://www.oxfordshirebusinesssupport.co.uk/networking-and-events/network-navigators/social-enterprise
Social Enterprise Town Drive- September 2014
Oxfordshire, which is home to the Prime Minister’s constituency, Witney, hosted a series of events in September 2014 as a part of a county-wide town drive to raise awareness of social enterprises amoungst consumers, business and the local council.
Rt. Hon. Prime Minister MP, David Cameron, said:
“It’s fantastic that Oxfordshire is the first county to become a Social Enterprise Place – a beacon of social enterprise activity. Social enterprises trade to tackle some of the greatest challenges we face, from unemployment to food waste. It is a great way to raise awareness of the vital and growing role social enterprises play in our economy and local communities in Oxfordshire and across the country.”
Key Events and Activities
- Wednesday 10 September – launch of Oxfordshire Social Entrepreneurship Partnership at Said Business School
- Thursday 11 September– social enterprise stall at Banbury Market
- Saturday 13 September (also nationwide Social Saturday) – social enterprise stand at East Oxfordshire Market (Cowley Market) and at Banbury Market
- Aspire Oxford will be partnered with Spires Rotary to put on a pop-up high tea event at the Oxford Castle Quarter in central Oxford, next to The Beach
- Tuesday 17 September – Oxfordshire County Council Social Enterprise Roundtable
- Thursday 18/19 September – social enterprise stand at Witney Trade Fair, at The Leys www.witney-trade-fair.co.uk