7-12th October 2019
Buy Social for a Better World is a campaign which celebrates social enterprises, shining a spotlight on the incredible difference they make.
Take part and make sure your customers, staff and the wider public know about what you do and how they can help build a better world by Buying Social.
The message of the campaign is simple – when you Buy Social, it creates a positive impact.
The campaign will involve a week of online activity and will also be supported by an exciting augmented reality (AR) experience featuring social enterprise products in-store at The Co-op. This is being supported by Michael Sheen, Caitlin Moran, Chris Addison and Sali Hughes who, through AR, will tell customers about the impact buying social can have. They will also encourage shoppers to look out for the Buy Social badge to recognise other social enterprises.
If you’re a certified SEUK member, make sure you’re using the Buy Social badge*. See how others are using it here.
Each day of the campaign will have a different focus online, shown in the calendar below.
Here are 5 ways you can get your social enterprise involved throughout the week:
1. Share on social media
- Tell the public about the impact they create when they buy from you. Share images which show your impact on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram throughout the week.
- From 7-12th October change your profile picture to the Buy Social badge on your social media channels.
- Tag your local MP on Twitter on Thursday 10th to make sure they know about the impact you’re having in their constituency! Find who they are here.
- Follow Social Enterprise UK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and share our posts throughout the week – we’ll share yours too!
2. Mobilise your customers
- Ask your customers to shout loud on social media about what you do, and why they’re proud to buy from you. Send them an email and ask them to take part! Download this template email to edit and send to your customers or include in your newsletter, asking for their support.
3. Engage your staff
- Use the week to talk to your staff about your mission and how your social enterprise is helping to create a better world. Use our video series in which Michael Sheen and Chris Addison explain what a social enterprise is and why it’s so special to be part of one! Exclusive to SEUK members.*
4. Get press coverage
- Use the opportunity of being part of a nation-wide campaign to get your social enterprise in the media. Download this template press release to talk about the impact your social enterprise has and send it to your local press.
5. Buy Social!
- Show your support for other social enterprises by buying from them! Use our new Buy Social online platform (coming soon!) to find social enterprise products and services that you can use in your business or at home.
Printable packs are available to download according to who your customers are:
* Not an SEUK member?
Find out how you can benefit from membership here.
Buy Social for a Better World is supported by: