Campaign Packs for Corporate Challenge Partners
Buy Social for a Better World is a campaign which celebrates social enterprises, shining a spotlight on the incredible difference they make.
The message of the campaign is simple – when you Buy Social, it creates a positive impact.
The campaign will involve a week of online activity and will also be supported by an exciting augmented reality (AR) experience featuring social enterprise products in-store at The Co-op. This is being supported by Michael Sheen, Caitlin Moran, Chris Addison and Sali Hughes who, through AR, will tell customers about the impact buying social can have. They will also encourage shoppers to look out for the Buy Social badge to recognise other social enterprises.
Each day of the campaign will have a different focus online during 7-12th October, with Wednesday 9th being the day that will focus on the impact delivered when businesses, likes yours, #BuySocial.
As a partner of the Buy Social Corporate Challenge, this campaign is the perfect opportunity for your organisation to show its ongoing commitment to social enterprises. It’s a great chance to highlight the work you’re already doing to support businesses that are giving back to society and to communicate the positive impact you’re having to both your employees and customers.
You can take part throughout the week by:
1. Sharing on social media
- Tell your followers about the impact you’re helping to create when you buy from social enterprises. Share images which show your impact on your Twitter, Facebook and Instagram channels throughout the week.
- Follow Social Enterprise UK on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and share our posts throughout the week – we’ll share yours too!
2. Engaging your staff
- Use the week to talk to your staff about how your your company is helping to support social enterprises to create a better world. Use this video in which Michael Sheen and Chris Addison explain what a social enterprise is and talk about your involvement in the Buy Social Corporate Challenge.
- Use your company’s intranet and internal newsletter to tell your staff about your involvement in the social enterprise sector through the Challenge.
3. Seeking press coverage
- Use the opportunity of being part of a nation-wide campaign to get your social enterprise in the media. Download this template press release to talk about the impact you’re helping to create by working with social enterprises and send it to your trade press.
4. Buying Social!
- We know this is what you’re already doing as part of the Buy Social Corporate Challenge. But, as of 7th October we’ll be launching a new Buy Social online platform to make it even easier for you to find more social enterprise products and services that you can use in your organisation! Find out more here.