We are the leading global authority on social enterprise and the biggest network of social enterprises in the UK. Working with our members we have actioned a number of positive and powerful changes, including:
- Running global campaigns to raise awareness of social enterprise around the world, including #WhoKnew on Social Enterprise Day
- Made government buy social by passing the Social Value Act, requiring public bodies to consider the wider social, environmental and economic impact of the services they commission.
- Challenged big business to buy more from social enterprises through our Buy Social Corporate Challenge.
- Made social investment more accessible to social enterprises, helping shape and steer tax relief, Big Society Capital, investment readiness and business support
- Enhanced the work of local communities championing social enterprise through our Social Enterprise Places Programme.
But more can be done – we need you to help us grow the social enterprise network, join the movement as a “Social Enterprise” or a “Supporter of Social Enterprise” Member and increase our mandate as the voice for the sector.
Our Membership FAQs will help answer any initial questions you have.