We are the leading global authority on social enterprise and the biggest network of social enterprises in the UK. Working with our members we have actioned a number of positive and powerful changes, including:
- Running global campaigns to raise awareness of social enterprise around the world, including #WhoKnew on Social Enterprise Day
- Made government buy social by passing the Social Value Act, requiring public bodies to consider the wider social, environmental and economic impact of the services they commission.
- Challenged big business to buy more from social enterprises through our Buy Social Corporate Challenge.
- Made social investment more accessible to social enterprises, helping shape and steer tax relief, Big Society Capital, investment readiness and business support
- Enhanced the work of local communities championing social enterprise through our Social Enterprise Places Programme.
But more can be done – we need you to help us grow the social enterprise network, join the movement and increase our mandate as the voice for the sector.
Our Membership FAQs will help answer any initial questions you have.