The Social Value Conference - book your ticket now
A practical one day event for social enterprises and commissioners to help them gear up for the upcoming implementation of the Social Value Act.
The Social Value Act, which comes into force in January 2013, calls for all public service commissioning to factor in social value. For the first time, all public bodies in England and Wales will be required to consider how the services they commission and procure might improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of the area.
Social Enterprise UK are running a one day conference, on 20 November 2012, for public bodies, commissioners and social enterprises to find out how the new Social Value Act will impact their work and what changes they will need to make to comply with it.
The day's programme
This conference is designed to improve understanding of the Social Value Act within local government, and help those affected by the Act get to grips with commissioning and measuring social value.
Delegates will hear from civil servants, commissioners, social enterprise and public sector leaders and support bodies, who will offer valuable insights into best practice when it comes to selling and commissioning social value.
Speakers on the day include Chris White MP, who sponsored the Act through parliament, Peter Holbrook, the Chief Executive of Social Enterprise UK and representatives from the Local Government Association and NHS Confederation.
With high level plenary in the morning looking at the latest policy, the afternoon will then feature bespoke workshop sessions on key topics including:
For public bodies
- Turning policy into practice - looking at implementing the legislation to ensure compliance
- Commissioning for social value: the realm of the possible – featuring best practice examples of existing contracts
- Assessing social value: how to account for impact – evaluating the social impact of potential suppliers
For social enterprises
- Understanding the commissioning landscape - looking at changes to the commissioning landscape as well as how to find out about what your commissioners are looking for
- Selling your social value: making the most of your USP - hear from social enterprise leaders who are already winning contracts for the social value they deliver and find out what’s worked for them
- Impact measurement: proving what you do - impact measurement experts will guide you through examples of how to capture evidence on what you do and prove the value of your work
Private Sector rate - £495 +VAT
Public Sector rate - £295 +VAT
Social Enterprise rate - £195 +VAT
Book your place online or call 01403 246983