Fit for the Future
Fit for the Future is Social Enterprise UK’s annual health conference for social enterprises, charities, housing associations, local authorities, CCGs, health and wellbeing boards, and those within the NHS. 2017 DATE TBC.
Fit for the Future 2016 took place in March in Birmingham.
The event - sponsored by Bates Wells & Braithwaite - aimed to help delegates build better partnerships, learn from frontline practice and gain insight from experts such as:
- John Appleby (Chief Economist from The King’s Fund)
- Rt Hon Jacqui Smith (Chair of University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust)
- Samantha Jones (Director of the New Care Models Programme, NHS England)
- Norman Lamb MP
The challenges the health and care system is facing are real and aren’t going away – budgets are being squeezed and more is expected for less. This conference acknowledged these difficulties and explored the solutions and opportunities available for social enterprises and charities operating in this complex environment.
Workshops at the conference included:
- Keeping it Local: Devolution and regional approaches to improving healthcare
- New Models of Care
- Financing the Future: Beyond the public sector
- Commissioning and Contracting: Doing more with less
- Social Enterprise and Mutuals: Leadership in health and care
- Social Care: Is Social Enterprise the answer?
Pictures from the event are available to view online.