Social Enterprise Day 2012- planning stages
Social Enterprise Day is on Thursday 15 November and takes place during Global Entrepreneurship Week. We wanted to let you in on what we're planning. Please take a look and let us know your thoughts!
Buy into social enterprise
SEUK will run a proactive campaign that will seek to support its members and other social enterprises to trade with each another, thereby helping one another to do business, achieve their social/environmental missions, and grow the contribution the sector makes to the economy.
Why this campaign?
The campaign will kick-start a drive by SEUK to support its members and other social enterprises into supply chains. It will be followed by activity later in the financial year that will encourage private sector / mainstream businesses to trade with social enterprises. It will also add to the work SEUK is aiming at public bodies, including local authorities, to promote the commissioning of social enterprises on the back of the implementation of the Public Services Bill.
How will the campaign support social enterprises?
SEUK will be asking its members to get one new social enterprise into their supply chain in time for Social Enterprise Day 2012. It aims to drive up business for social enterprises and is designed to make it as easy as possible for social enterprises to trade with one another. The campaign brand will be flexible enough to use for social enterprises wanting to reach out / sell themselves to private firms or local authorities, as well as to one another.
How will the campaign support the wider sector?
Supporting ‘inter-trading’ is vital to growing both the financial power and the resilience of the sector. Trading with one another strengthens our networks and ability to trade, swap intelligence and support the sector in the future.
We have chosen a theme that we hope will work well as a platform on which our members and other organisations can plan their own activities if they so wish. We hope to help those with modest budgets / resources, and help reach out to social enterprises in all corners of the UK. We will be making available online and printed materials.
- Posters, Stickers, Post-its – but this year, with room to actually write on the post-its!
- Case studies; good supply chain examples showcasing SEUK members
- Primary call to action; for members/social enterprises to get one social enterprise in their supply chains: we will signpost to SEUK member directory / Buy SE / SETAS / and others – suggestions welcome
- Share on social media; to keep up momentum and encourage two-way communication, we will ask that those taking part tell us about the one new social enterprise in their supply chains through twitter, facebook and by emailing SEUK (they will be listed on the SEUK website)
- Recommendations; we will ask that people make recommendations on social media – social enterprises they’re doing / have done business with
- Campaign email signatures; invite orgs to adopt the email signature to promote the campaign and encourage others to take part
We’ll be launching the campaign on Monday 3 September, 10 weeks ahead of Social Enterprise Day to give people and organisations plenty of time to prepare. Social Enterprise Day is scheduled for Thursday 15 November and takes place during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
We’re keen to hear your thoughts on how it might be improved. For example, what materials would you find helpful to have? What did we do last year that worked well, or that didn’t? Please email any feedback to Fran Gorman, our Media & Communications Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 August. Alternatively, tweet us your plans and who you are already trading with that is a social enterprise!
If you want to hear how other members have included social enterprises in their supply chains, why not post something to the noticeboard for other members to get in touch!