We make it easier to book the speaking services of some of the country’s top social enterprise experts and leaders.
Our speakers regularly feature on the platform at national and international conferences, talk to local authorities, community groups, students at schools, colleges and universities, and to private sector businesses wanting to understand how to enter and engage the social enterprise market.
Complete this short form to place a request. Please note that we usually need at least two weeks notice to ensure we are able to book a speaker for your event.
- Prices start from £200 to book a speaker
- Social Enterprise UK members are entitled to a 10% discount on bookings
- Please note that travel expenses will need to be covered if the speaker is not based locally to the event venue
- We do our best to make successful matches wherever possible but cannot guarantee that your first choice will always be available
- We will always seek to find somebody suitable to meet your needs
- We aim to respond within three working days
- Social Enterprise - a global perspective
- Influencing the UK policy agenda
- CSR is dead! Long live social enterprise
- Regeneration and community development through SE
- Why social enterprise works for public services
Social Enterprise UK’s key activities are centred on informing and influencing the policy agenda, promoting the benefits of social enterprise and undertaking research to expand the social enterprise evidence base.
Prior to taking on this role Peter was CEO of the award winning social enterprise, Sunlight Development Trust, which works to tackle long-standing health and social inequalities.
Peter was one of the UK's Social Enterprise Ambassadors - a scheme supported by the Cabinet Office. In this role he advocated for social enterprise through lobbying politicians, speaking at events and representing the sector in the media
- Start-up in social enterprise
- Social franchising / replication
- Social media meets social enterprise (social x social)
- Social impact measurement
- Social Value Act
Nick's role encompasses business development, membership and effective delivery of products and services. He has a particular focus on driving growth: working with members and partners to grow the social enterprise market, lever in new resources, and build reach and impact.
Prior to joining Social Enterprise UK, Nick was director of Policy and Communications at the School for Social Entrepreneurs (SSE) in the UK, a role which had responsibility for all communications, policy work with government, and overseeing SSE’s evaluation and research streams. He also designed and delivered learning programmes on social franchising and for leaders of NHS right to request social enterprises. Previously, he was director of the Global Ideas Bank, an online democratic think-tank devoted to social innovation.
Nick is also a board member of the SROI Network and a co-founder of POPse!, the pop-up social enterprise think tank.